Restaurants....what do you all like?

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
EKSJAE said:
i have never done joe morleys, so i cant say.

we just got a new BBQ joint out here in tooele, Richards BBQ or something like that, its ok if you like smokey dry-rub ribs. personaly i like my ribs wet and sausy. the pulled pork was good though.

Yeah, we at at richards BBQ. After going to Famous Daves at Jordan Landing I will never go to Richard's again.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
cruiserkitten70 said:
Lugano is good..Italian
Loco Lizard...good Mexican food
Thaiphoon @ Gateway..lots of hot spicy Thai food..so good.

Thaiphoon......which end of the Gateway is that? (Might have to try that for lunch one of these days)....

I'm all for eating.....

Mexican: I like what's been mentioned, but like Pierpont Cafe also (Iguana is the best, though). Smothered burritos (hard to screw up, I know) at La Frontera or La Puente are also welcome at anytime.

Italian: Tucci's at Ft. Union RULES!, but there's other good ones mentioned
Brazilian: yes
Thai: yes
Chinese: yes
Japanese: yes
Pizza: The Pie, Wasatch
Training Table, Hires, (I miss Chevy's) etc.

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
mbryson said:
Thaiphoon......which end of the Gateway is that? (Might have to try that for lunch one of these days)....

North end, right behind the old train station (UP)....

Also Rio-Grande Cafe in the Rio Grand Train station is good mexican.

The Loco Lizard at Kimball Junction is better than the one in Cottonwood.

The Bayou is a cool club sort of resturaunt on E side of state btw 7/8 south. Sort of cajun inspired food. And TONS of different beers.

Ruths Diner up Emigration is a favorite too.

olywrestle

Duct Tape
mbryson said:

I'm all for eating.....

Mexican: I like what's been mentioned, but like Pierpont Cafe also (Iguana is the best, though). Smothered burritos (hard to screw up, I know) at La Frontera or La Puente are also welcome at anytime.

Italian: Tucci's at Ft. Union RULES!, but there's other good ones mentioned
Brazilian: yes
Thai: yes
Chinese: yes
Japanese: yes
Pizza: The Pie, Wasatch
Training Table, Hires, (I miss Chevy's) etc.

Tucci's at Ft Union and Cottonwood mall closed :(

I put another vote for Rodizio, and my wife loved Luganos

Turbobob

Semper Fi
Famous Dave's is OK, but Q4U's food is lots better!
Red Iguana for mexican
Fleming's for steaks($$$$$)
Cafe Rio(Best FAST mexican)

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Anyone been to Firehouse BBQ on 900 E and aroun 4100 S? I haven't been there in years....last time I was there it was still called Bubba's. Just wondering if it's still good.

Medsker

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
For the romantic dinner Jasoh, where mulboons used to be in Ogden. Expensive but great food and the beef rocks. They have this chocolate desert that tastes like uncooked brownie mix but ten times as good..mmm, who started this thread to get us all hungry anyway?

Medsker

shlingdawg

Moose
Baci's for ecletic italian. Good steaks too.

Cafe Pierpont for tasty Messican.

Melting Pot for ambiance & taste. Takes a LONG time and is quite pricey if you do the wine.

Spencers: THE best steak house in Utah. Rated top 10 in the country. No comparison.

La Caille: servers put the Hooter chicks to shame. Pricey and prolly not worth the $$$. Go for dessert though.

R

rockdog

shlingdawg said:
Baci's for ecletic italian. Good steaks too.

Cafe Pierpont for tasty Messican.

Melting Pot for ambiance & taste. Takes a LONG time and is quite pricey if you do the wine.

Spencers: THE best steak house in Utah. Rated top 10 in the country. No comparison.

La Caille: servers put the Hooter chicks to shame. Pricey and prolly not worth the $$$. Go for dessert though.[/QUOTE
Melting Pot huh, My little bro opened that place! He's in Vegas now opening two more and then three in San Deigo. Place is expensive, but is pretty cool. Definatly upper end dining. :cool:

95jeepgrndchke

gijohn40 said:
My mother works at
Chihuahua Restaurant
3926 S Highland Dr
Holladay, UT 84124 - 1615
(801) 272-8091
which was rated best margaritas in Utah by a travel magazine... I know allot of big spenders go there to eat...

If you do go there and see a little greek lady at the register tell my mom Hi!

John
I used to work there, I am good freinds with the family. Best mexican food in the state!