Restaurants....what do you all like?

shlingdawg

Moose
mbryson said:
Spencers is that good? I might have to get a home equity loan and go try that out.....:D

I guess I'm spoiled, drug companies take me there quite a bit. I did, however, turn down the Kobe beef that was offered to me (@ $94.00 for a 6 oz filet). :cool:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
shlingdawg said:
I guess I'm spoiled, drug companies take me there quite a bit. I did, however, turn down the Kobe beef that was offered to me (@ $94.00 for a 6 oz filet). :cool:

I haven't seen prices like that since I was in Dallas at Pappa {somethings}......

jeep girl

shlingdawg said:

Kobe beef is good but not $94.00 good. trust me.
Drug companies go big on dinners, I have been to La Caille a few times, The New Yorker, Tuscany to name a few. Some of the presentations are sooo boreing though, well unless theres wine....

Thats the plus side of working in pharmacy...

MattL

Alfornos is a decent romantic place. Cheapish

Blue plate food quality varies.. but is cool sitting outside if you can hang with all the yuppi wanna be's

Pan wok up 33rd south cheap good chinese

little world on 13th and state again chinese

and in Magna.. only restarunt there is El Hananeros. not to bad of mexican food.

Probably favorite burger place is millies in sugarhouse. YUM!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
My favorites...

Taco Cart (Sears, State Street cart only) or Midvale (7800So. 10 West)
Melting Pot
Cisceros in Park City
Cafe Trang
Little World
The other Place
Su Casa
The Pie
Del Taco (drunk food)

KAMAS HOTDOGS (YES I HAVE THERE PHONE NUMBER IN MY PHONE!!!) :D

shlingdawg

Moose
mbryson said:
I haven't seen prices like that since I was in Dallas at Pappa {somethings}......

Mmmmm. Pappadeaux? I've eaten at the one in Phoenix (in fact, doing it again in May).

One of the best restaurants I've been to.

THE BEST RESTAURANT I've been to was Emeril's in Orlando. It was very expensive, but the food/wine combo was amazing. 7 of us got out of the for just over $1200.00 and it was worth every penny.

MattL

shlingdawg said:
Mmmmm. Pappadeaux? I've eaten at the one in Phoenix (in fact, doing it again in May).

Was this the fancy restraunt on the Hill? A Project manager took us to a fancy restraunt down there 2 times at my last job. If it is they had a huge sized steak challange or something. like 48 oz? dont rememeber other than good scenery and good scratch great food.

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
I can honestly say that the most expensive food I have eaten was at Maddox. I can also say, it wasn't that great. My personal fav and good on your pocketbook:

Hunan Village (SP)

If you go get the Hunan Chicken and just rice. If you like spicy and hot this will make your mouth happy. I can get 3 types of food and still be under 25 bucks. Then I have plenty of leftovers from my family of 3 :).

Andrew

shlingdawg

Moose
miatre said:
Was this the fancy restraunt on the Hill? A Project manager took us to a fancy restraunt down there 2 times at my last job. If it is they had a huge sized steak challange or something. like 48 oz? dont rememeber other than good scenery and good scratch great food.

Nope. Pappadeaux is a southern, cajun, creole type restaurant. Fried alligator is yummy!

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
shlingdawg said:

One of the best restaurants I've been to.

THE BEST RESTAURANT I've been to was Emeril's in Orlando. It was very expensive, but the food/wine combo was amazing. 7 of us got out of the for just over $1200.00 and it was worth every penny.

I don't think it was Pappadeaux. It was a steak/seafood place. Biggest lobster tails I've EVER seen (NOTHING like that in the Pacific Northwest that I've been), steak of every type with incredible marbling (growing up on a farm, I thought I'd seen that before, but not to this degree).

It was order 'a la carte', but everything I got was well worth the cash (course it was on the bank, but ....) I'm pretty confident this was it.....http://www.pappasbros.com/main.html NUMMY!!!! It's interesting to have a steak literally MELT in your mouth. ...{upon further review....http://www.pappas.com/diningcards.html , yes it was Pappadeaux :D -- at least that's part of the franchise...}

I'm not a big fan of Dallas, but if I go there again, I'm eating at Pappas......

PierCed_3 said:
........was at Maddox. I can also say, it wasn't that great.........

I gotta agree with you. My parents LOVE that place. Their prime rib is pretty decent and their side dishes are pretty good, but I had a New York there once that left a lot to be desired. The waitress could tell I wasn't too into that steak and brought me another one. I was impressed with the service but not the steak........ I don't get what all the UMMMMM Maddox is about. They're satisfactory, but there's restaurants in Logan that I'd rather eat at than there (course, they're "Mexican").

Brett

Meat-Hippy
miatre said:
Blue plate food quality varies.. but is cool sitting outside if you can hang with all the yuppi wanna be's

I drive past there everyday on my way home. Everytime I do, I wonder why I am not in a Subaru or some other yuppie SUV

richpblaze

What??????????

Well I'd have to say I'm a carnivorous mofo and have been to all the high dollor joints Carvers, La Caille, Tuscany. I can't believe nobody has mentioned the Outback. As far as I'm concerned they have best steak in town 22oz. Porterhouse called the Melbourne, throw in a half lb. of King Crab legs and a Bloomin' Onion, couple shots of Yeag and a Fosters oil can and you have one hell of a meal. Ruby River Steakhouse of course the Pie up by the "U" the Cotton Bottom for a Garlic buger. Damn you guys are making me HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
richpblaze said:
Well I'd have to say I'm a carnivorous mofo and have been to all the high dollor joints Carvers, La Caille, Tuscany. I can't beleive nobody has mentioned the Outback. As far as I'm concerned they have best steak in town 22oz. Porterhouse called the Melbourne, throw in a half lb. of King Crab legs and a Bloomin' Onion, couple shots of Yeag and a Fosters oil can and you have one hell of a meal. Ruby River Steakhouse of course the Pie up by the "U" the Cotton Bottom for a Garlic buger. Damn you guys are making me HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn ya the cotton bottom for their garlic burger!! just wish they would build a bigger area to sit down in....