RME Land Owners Group??

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Nice. I’m looking at some tractor options. I need to cut some road across/up slopes so I’m thinking I may need to pickup (or rent) a mini-ex.
A mini ex or a skid steer can do a ton of earth moving compared to my tractor, as long as it’s not a tiny mini ex.

When I first got my property, I rented a huge backhoe that had a 3-way bucket on it. The bucket could split open and there was a cutting blade at the bottom when it was open. Kind of a crude dozer blade. It moved a lot of dirt, but it took me most of a day to get used to the controls on it.

You might consult with Stag on what machine is best for your application.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Here you tractor boys go. Power your whole property 😂
View attachment 163771
Looking through the specs and reviews, the ad says you need 30 horseponies. I’m assuming that’s 30 at the PTO shaft. My tractor is a 25 hp unit, but only 19 at the PTO. There are a few reviews with people running it on a slightly smaller tractor than mine, but they have to run it at WOT and they only get about 50-60% of the KW’s because they’re underpowered. You’d need about a 40 HO tractor to get full wattage, and even the reviewers who had that were running a lot of rpm’s.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Those PTO generators would run our whole milk barns. I have no idea of the power requirements of a dual 6 stall herring bone milk barn along with an appropriately sized milk tank that needs to be kept under 39* (is that the right number?) but it would be more than you'd expect I imagine?

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I’ve seen the for sale signs for that place. Had no idea it was for that much. 😱 It’s straight up the road from my house.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor