RME Land Owners Group??

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Well, my family now owns a little dirt. We are excited to see how this chapter in life goes. I think we will have a good time, especially as the older I get, the more I want to sit in a chair and not be able to see other people.

View attachment 163428

As part of our negotiations, I ended up with these 4 wheelers. As long as they can be sold for $10,000 each, I think we did ok on price 😳😬

View attachment 163429

Congrats!! :cool:

There is something special about owning dirt. As my pal Jordan likes to say, Buy Dirt

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
Picked up the wheelers and trailer. They’ve been covered, so plastics and seats in good shape. Tires seem a little dry though. Have to look into them better. Haven’t been used in years, and haven’t been started in 1 year. Will need some time to get them going again, but pleased over all. Got them recovered and parked until I can get some free time.

The best part for me was meeting the previous owners and getting stories from them.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
We spent the afternoon cleaning up a bit yesterday.
Then we spent an hour or so pulling sage brush with the rzr. It was pretty effective and we removed a TON.. but then realized it was like a drop in the bucket for what we want to get removed.

Is there a more betterer way to remove sage brush? I know a dozer would do great.. but I’d prefer not to destroy everything else if possible..

We enjoyed the sunset and headed home.

IMG_5066.jpeg

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
We spent the afternoon cleaning up a bit yesterday.
Then we spent an hour or so pulling sage brush with the rzr. It was pretty effective and we removed a TON.. but then realized it was like a drop in the bucket for what we want to get removed.

Is there a more betterer way to remove sage brush? I know a dozer would do great.. but I’d prefer not to destroy everything else if possible..

We enjoyed the sunset and headed home.

View attachment 163545
I have like 6 sagebrush, and I wish I had more. For what reason are you removing them? A cleared space for an RV? Tent sites?

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
My grandparents tried a bunch of different ways to clear sagebrush from their property Pulling them out with the truck was the most effective way (cheap) way for them.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
We are wanting to clear the space for trailers to park, fir ring, and enough space for games, tables, etc.

What is the benefit to have sage brush, as apposed to the flowers and grasses that would hopefully keep growing?

If I don't remove it all, that's fine also.. but my understanding is that wild life, pretty flowers, and people all get better use from land that is at least thinned from sage brush..

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
We are wanting to clear the space for trailers to park, fir ring, and enough space for games, tables, etc.

What is the benefit to have sage brush, as apposed to the flowers and grasses that would hopefully keep growing?

If I don't remove it all, that's fine also.. but my understanding is that wild life, pretty flowers, and people all get better use from land that is at least thinned from sage brush..
Because sage brush smells absolutely terrific after a rain. I have very little of it, and I want more.

Removing sagebrush for your needs make sense, though. It gets in the way of cornhole and horseshoe game areas. We have a lot of the grass that was air-dropped by the state after the fire in 2012. Too much of it. I think it chokes out a lot of other plants that I like.