RME Land Owners Group??

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
LOL. Too bad Dinar never went off. I'd have rich freinds :D

This is wild, Tooele County taxes 2022: $113.97 (Greenbelt) on a $6.75M property :eek:

I'm down line for a pretty healthy inheritance when it happens. I wont tell anyone, but there will be signs.

modified-Lamborghini-Aventador-tank-tracks-1.jpg

I'm not sure exactly what cut of the hundreds of millions will be mine. But I'll kick a few to all my RME friends as well.

However, at about $6,500 per acre, my mind tells me that land is a bit over priced, which also explains the taxes.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I'm down line for a pretty healthy inheritance when it happens. I wont tell anyone, but there will be signs.

I'm not sure exactly what cut of the hundreds of millions will be mine. But I'll kick a few to all my RME friends as well.

However, at about $6,500 per acre, my mind tells me that land is a bit over priced, which also explains the taxes.

TMEBQQSLDLKPGNKFRO5D7A5RJ4.jpg

Cat's out of the bag now? I can see the resemblance?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor

This 'family member' adopting?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin

TMEBQQSLDLKPGNKFRO5D7A5RJ4.jpg

Cat's out of the bag now? I can see the resemblance?

Oh hell yes. I hope he wins. Edit. DAMNIT. I thought he was running again.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
That's kurt for sure

Which? The supercar on tracks or Super Dell?

I have zero affinity for supercars though the tracks make it slightly more palatable.

Del is my spirit animal. Worlds greatest pilot, shooter, husband, author and politician. I can only aspire :D

And who would have guessed RME would still be talking Schanze all two decades later :D

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
The one looking at the land is different from the one I am in line for.. but, given our good friendship, I'd say the chance of you getting adopted is at least as good as the chance the dinar revalues.

Y'all got ballerz in the family tree. I'd skip a new job and figure out how to get your marshmallows under their financial fondue fountain.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Y'all got ballerz in the family tree. I'd skip a new job and figure out how to get your marshmallows under their financial fondue fountain.
I shouldn’t spread too much on the web. But I’m sufficiently covered. I’ll cap the rest for campfires.

But from what I hear, it’ll be any day now. Even TikTok agrees.

Corban_White

That's what I'm saying. I pay waaaaaay more for waaaaaaaaaaay less land. I need to investigate the acreage and conditions necessary for greenbelt tax status.
I looked into it a few years ago. Basically you have to run at least 50% of the maximum amount of animals (cows, sheep, etc.) the acreage will support. They have a formula to get that number depending on the type of range. Which is why most large land owners lease it out very affordably to a rancher to graze animals.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
That's what I'm saying. I pay waaaaaay more for waaaaaaaaaaay less land. I need to investigate the acreage and conditions necessary for greenbelt tax status.
If you are talking about your Spring Canyon property I can tell you that there is an affidavit that you have to fill out to request it. I can also tell you that the county does not verify if it is truly being used as green belt

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
If you are talking about your Spring Canyon property I can tell you that there is an affidavit that you have to fill out to request it. I can also tell you that the county does not verify if it is truly being used as green belt

Hmmm. Found some details here:

Historically the land has been used for grazing as evidenced by the fencing.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
@Vonski can probably fill you in on the greenbelt stuff. I think that's why he transitioned from a bad ass dirt biker to a farmer, for the monies.
It’s also so he can buy a tractor without paying sales tax. Owning a firewood farm is how I was able to skip sales tax on mine.

Does deer/rabbit grazing count for green belt?

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Owning a firewood farm is how I was able to skip sales tax on mine.
I've spent a fair amount of time up in the eastern Uinta's/Flaming Gorge/Three Corners area over the past couple of years and I've come across a ton of "firewood for sale" signs on gates and fences for private property up there. Never really thought about it, but this suddenly makes a ton of sense.

Vonski

nothing to see here...
@Vonski can probably fill you in on the greenbelt stuff. I think that's why he transitioned from a bad ass dirt biker to a farmer, for the monies.

Well, I don’t think anyone is getting into farming/raising livestock to make any money. Dirt bikes are often a better investment in many situations than any agricultural venture. 😂 Being on green belt is most commonly used to offset property taxes and other qualifying related expenses, but it doesn’t make sense financially for all large acreage properties. My place was on GB when I bought it and a simple transfer was an easy deal. Applying for the first time is something I know nothing about, but shouldn’t be a tough process. There are few situations where you wouldn’t want to take advantage of it, but it can be tricky for some to figure out the formulas/requirements and stay legit. You’ll wanna have a good long term plan and document the operation well, since the penalties for having it revoked can amount to tens of thousands of dollars.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor