RME March Trip - Pony Express Trail

xjtony

Just an FYI (not a big deal I hope). My brother in law is starting up a freelance videography business and asked to come along to get some footage for his portfolio. So he'll be flying a drone and such while were out there.
Make sure he checks the route for airspace if he is flying a drone. You guys will be basically running a circle around Dugway which has closed airspace. If it is in the controlled airspace the drone wont fly.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
I’m staying in Park City tonight. Dropping my trailer and Jeep for safe keeping tomorrow.

I have spent a fair bit of time in this mode over the past three days:
19150600-5335-4C2B-962F-0D75388087EE.jpeg

This morning’s sunrise, about 100 miles east of Denver.
1F58264B-7201-47AD-B21B-09FBEE80B265.jpeg

Yesterday’s sunrise. I don’t remember where I was!

37312A11-9D0A-455E-B091-43D1F19C71FA.jpeg

Any recommendations on a spot for me to camp Friday night near the start?

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
This should be quiet and convenient.

Pony Express Trail National Back Country Byway Visitor Information Site
Always wondered what's up with the houses to the south of your marker, they all looked newish, and on the satellite image it looks like they have some man-made lake set up for water skiing or something. Just kind of weird out in the middle of nowhere.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Always wondered what's up with the houses to the south of your marker, they all looked newish, and on the satellite image it looks like they have some man-made lake set up for water skiing or something. Just kind of weird out in the middle of nowhere.
That’s exactly what it is. There is also a development just like that in Saratoga springs, and one in Clearfield. I’m sure there are more… But those are the three I am aware of.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Looks like the smallest of the three lots are still available is .5 of an acre is $350,000. It also requires a $50,000 HOA buy in.

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
Packing the jeep now. We plan on getting there prior to 8; depending on traffic looks like just under a 2 hr drive to the meeting point. I have the coordinates punched in the GPS and the radio tuned to 146.400, if I remember I'll turn it on after we turn off 80.

See you tomorrow

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
We are still planning on being there....if we wake up. Made a mad dash trip to Boise and back today. 😕