South-East Utah RME Moab RocktoberCrawl - Oct 17 - 20, 2018

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Best time to be in the Southern Utah desert and get your crawl on? I'd argue that it's October.

The plan is to have two sets of trails each day, unless we end up getting a larger attendance. Nothing official here; just show, go and have a good time!
This also lands on the UEA weekend, just in case some of you needed a little push out the door.

Let's also gather for an informal BBQ on Saturday at the end of the day. BYOM/B

Anybody interested in leading a trail or two? :cool:

*Pumpkin spice is not included.

Schedule (subject to change, not final)

Thursday: Pritchett Canyon
Thursday Alt: Metal Masher
Friday: PSM to Where Eagles Dare + optionally Golden Spike/Gold Bar Rim (or Rusty Nail backwards)
Saturday: Coyote Canyon (7 crawlers max, I've had a lot rsvp already :eek:)
Saturday Alt: Rear Steer

-------------

Coyote Caynon (max 7) list. Trying to be as fair as possible here and putting people down on a first request basis. PLEASE let me know as soon as can if you CANNOT make it so we can bump up people on the wait list. Also, looking through the thread and my messages, let me know if I missed you on the wait list.

Coyote Roster:
1. Herzog (me)
2. Seth
3. Gawynz
4. Eric (Gawynz’s father)
5. XjTony
6. JPest
7. Agility Customs (can’t make it)
7. Pile of Parts (cant make it)
7. Bart (no response)

Wait list:
Mbryson (can't make it)

I wish we weren't limited; Regardless, I hope that everybody will above will show up for Reer Steer after.

Last edited:

Gawynz

Definitely interested in this trip. I'll likely come down sometime on Thursday and stay throughout the weekend. BBQ sounds good. I'll probably be tent camping at Kane Creek campground unless someone has a better recommendation on where to camp (this also depends on what trails we plan to run). I've never run Coyote Canyon, sounds fun though.

xjtony

It'd be nice if we could get a good group at whatever campground we use. I ordered my H1 wheel centers this morning, so I should have plenty of time to get my wheels re-done.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Just booked some rooms, but I think I will be playing tour guide to some extended family on some scenic tours...

So I will be open to suggestions on cool things for SXS and Subaru's to see...

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I've had some messages come in and it looks like we have nearly a full roster for Saturday on Coyote. A little closer I'll post up the roster and we can fill spots that become open for that day.

Other than that, we need to plan a trail for thurs, friday and a secondary for saturday. :cool:

Gawynz

What do folks think of the following:
  • Thursday - Metal Masher
  • Friday - Poison Spider to Where Eagles Dare (opportunity to link up other trails as well for a longer day)
  • Saturday - Trail 1 = Coyote Canyon, Trail 2 = TBD
I'm open to other ideas though, just throwing out a starting point.

Unless something comes up, I'm in.

What do folks think of the following:
  • Thursday - Metal Masher
  • Friday - Poison Spider to Where Eagles Dare (opportunity to link up other trails as well for a longer day)
  • Saturday - Trail 1 = Coyote Canyon, Trail 2 = TBD
I'm open to other ideas though, just throwing out a starting point.

^I'm down for Metal Masher and Poison Spider. Two of my favorite trails.

Gawynz

I'm interested in running both if possible. The earliest we can start Coyote is 9am correct? Where is Rear Steer located? I'm guessing it's not part of Area BFE because it's still temporarily closed isn't it?

xjtony

I doubt I'll make it until late afternoon/ evening Thursday, but the rest of the trails sound great. What is everybody planning on doing for lodging?

Seth

These go to 11
I'm interested in running both if possible. The earliest we can start Coyote is 9am correct? Where is Rear Steer located? I'm guessing it's not part of Area BFE because it's still temporarily closed isn't it?

9am is the earliest you can start on Coyote. Rear Steer is down the road from BFE.

@Herzog Coyote has gotten a lot easier IMHO. Ben and I went through it in an hour last fall. Granted, it was just the two of us but... It is not nearly as difficult as it once was.