rockreligious rig rebuild(chop/chop)

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
you been out driving the jeep yet?
ed's cage looks good. is there a big group going weekend after memorial day?

Jeep been out yet?.......yes couple test burns, around the neighborhood and back yard, did some of my rockcoarse. nothing much,

Eddies Cage..........Thanks, Its the one I built for my Jeep a few years ago, It had some really heavy rockrash in it, and I had cut it in half cause I was going to use half of it in my new build....since I ended up not using it, Eddie adopted it and we welded it back together, cleaned up the rash and notched some new gussets, thread pix dont show the finished project but we will get some up.

Big Group..............hopefully not, we are testing rigs, and you know how that can go first time out, lots of rigs on the trail can make for a long day and tweaking rigs can make it even worse, although Im pretty confident in our Junk.

Richfield.........now that could turn into a big group, I say bring it on, sounds like a good one, get some tires.

RustEoldtrux

RustEoldtrux
Moab to Richfield

We're coming back on Sunday, don't know when we will be leaving though. I'll send you my cell number, I still have 2 of your numbers in my phone. Maybe Devon will tag along to try out his new links?

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
We're coming back on Sunday, don't know when we will be leaving though. I'll send you my cell number, I still have 2 of your numbers in my phone. Maybe Devon will tag along to try out his new links?

Im sure if Devons down here that weekend and not in Moab he will go, hopefully we can do some local wheeling before he hauls it home to Moab, I got the impression he wanted to.

rockin ed

where did you get that looks good what you going to put that on are you going to be to devons this weekend if so would you have a min if i had the front end apart would you come point and direct.

RustEoldtrux

RustEoldtrux
Richfield or Hanging Tree

Devon is planning to do Hanging Tree next weekend, so Bec and I will probably make a quick dash to Moab to grab the Scout on Saturday. We'll figure out later what we can do with the mob either in Richfield or Mt. Pleasant.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Russ, Everyone is meeting at my house saturday at 9am. we will have at least 5 rigs minimum and possible as many as 10, so plan on a long day, three rigs are being tested. most all rigs are built for it. we will be doing Richfield in about three weeks

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Some of you know Devon, and his hammered bobbed scrambler, I spent memorial weekend helping him build a 4 link rear suspension out of 2x.250 and ballistic Joints, heavy diff cover w/truss and racerunner SAW's

Attachments

• 100_1934.jpg
    100_1934.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 42
  • 100_1930.jpg
    100_1930.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 100_1931.jpg
    100_1931.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 35

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
a couple of really late nights working on the buggy, and here are some of the results.

Attachments

• 100_1955.jpg
    100_1955.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 100_1956.jpg
    100_1956.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 100_1958.jpg
    100_1958.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 47

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
some more, I plan on all the paint being flat black or silver, no other colors.

Attachments

• 100_1960.jpg
    100_1960.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 100_1967.jpg
    100_1967.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 100_1957.jpg
    100_1957.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 32

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
looks like im not going to be running the buggy this weekend, I had hoped to but autozone got me the wrong brake parts, and I have been slammed with work at my day job. I needed to get my rig together tonight in order to get it out for an exhaust tommoro in order to make it hte the trail saturday..oh well maybe next weekend.

RustEoldtrux

RustEoldtrux
Bummer

I was hoping to see your new buggy in action this weekend. The plan now is to follow along on Hanging Tree on Saturday, we'll have to catch a ride with someone, and take pictures since Devon and Marlene will be in Mt. Pleasant and on the Hanging Tree. Head to Moab Saturday evening or Sunday morning, grab the Scout and take it home from there. That should be a fun weekend with lots of action. Chad was talking about coming down from Hanging Tree and doing Humpty Dumpty on the way.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
I was hoping to see your new buggy in action this weekend. The plan now is to follow along on Hanging Tree on Saturday, we'll have to catch a ride with someone, and take pictures since Devon and Marlene will be in Mt. Pleasant and on the Hanging Tree. Head to Moab Saturday evening or Sunday morning, grab the Scout and take it home from there. That should be a fun weekend with lots of action. Chad was talking about coming down from Hanging Tree and doing Humpty Dumpty on the way.

Its hard to say, but i did get some parts today and im going to put in a late night tonight and try and get something together to take the rig saturday, the stuff i got might work, but i still have to do something with the exhaust, and Ive been working crazy hours hanging windows... its anyones guess, with so many loose ends to tie up. either way I will be on the trail either in my buggy or riding with Eddie.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
well worked until 5am yesterday on the rig and got it ready for our saturday ride.. got the exhaust work done, and just have a couple of misc things to tie up in the morning...but its going on the trail tommorro.

Russ as far as humpty dumpty, no one has yet conquored that ops. but ive bent two springs, smashed a hood, twisted a driveshaft in half on trying.. I once stated that I woulnt try it agian until I built a buggy, so maybe soon.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
I know you guys have experienced this before, but my face hurts from smiling all day........I worked on my rig until 5am thursday night and midnight friday night and patched the rig together enough to take it wheeling saturday.. It was great. first Ill post pix of the misc last minute wrenching, then maiden voyage pix.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
oh Geeze, its a little strange spending that kind of money of 35 spline shafts and then cutting them in a chop saw, but I had to cut 5/8 of an inch off the end and bevel, I made sure that I had full spline contact within the drive flange.

Attachments

• 100_1975.jpg
    100_1975.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 100_1978.jpg
    100_1978.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 100_1973.jpg
    100_1973.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 100_1981.jpg
    100_1981.jpg