rockreligious rig rebuild(chop/chop)

RustEoldtrux

RustEoldtrux
Hello Shane

This is a great forum for catching up with friends! Are you putting in 4-speeds in reverse to assist on your copyrighted 'reverse runs' on the hard obstacles (grin)? Bec's videos didn't get all of your exploits on Hell's Gate and Escalator, but there's a lot of good stuff there.

Attachments

• Moab 2009 set 2 022.jpg
    Moab 2009 set 2 022.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Moab 2009 set 2 086.jpg
    Moab 2009 set 2 086.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 17

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Update...some more goodies, 35 spline outers and drive flanges....front driveshaft (Tom Woods) and rear disc brakes, and new calipers for the front d60 also

Attachments

• 100_1818.jpg
    100_1818.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 25
  • 100_1810.jpg
    100_1810.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 21

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
New Polycarbonate Hood, Trentfab brand, adnd I got it from Midstate Jeep parts. this was not cheap, I hope it will hold up to some bashing action.

I am happy with how much lighter it is than my old smashed up metal hood.

Still need to trim the molded fenders to match up with my tube fenders

Attachments

• 100_1814.jpg
    100_1814.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 100_1815.jpg
    100_1815.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 32

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
I am not going to leave the hood clear, I am planning on having it wrapped to advertise my buisiness, but I was kinda thinking of leaving some negative spaces in the wrap picture so that its see-thru in a few spots. too ugly of an engine bay to just be able to see much of.

crazyyo

nice i wanna come see it.... not sure if i am going to be coming down this weekend or not i have those cooler lines for devon and i know marline is excited to get her baby back on the road so i might see you at there place if i do come down

RustEoldtrux

RustEoldtrux
Shane

We still have to make a trip to Moab to retrieve the Scout. If you can't make it to Moab, we could swing by and grab the cooler lines for Devon and Marlene. I see the RME BBQ is coming up in May, may be a good time for a trip.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Devon is suppose to be in Mt pleasant this weekend changing the tank in his CJ and getting his rig ready to 4 link for next weekend. I got all his link stuff and sway-a-ways.

I will be home sunday,(have some windshields to do in MP, I will probably stop in Devons and line him out) but sat afternoon heading to the city for a family function.

Im guessing Marleens Dodge is in Moab?

crazyyo

ya it is i have the trans lines sitting on my box at work i got them cost :) but i wont be down to mount till next weekend i would love to make another trip to moab but its time the runner(FRANK) gets some choping done on it :)

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
james did you get the ram problems worked out? what did luke blow up?

Yea, well maybe, I bent a shaft on my rockram a little, I straightened it out but im curious if the seal on the ram will hold up, also the coupler shaft on the AGR box, that seal is leaking pretty bad along with the pump resevoir seal, need to go through and re-seal everything.

Luke thought that he broke a output shaft (custom) on his 4l60 trans.turns out it was the input on the rear transfercase, last month he broke the front t-case, and is running a brand new Marlin.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Pix from todays mockfest. got my rear seat mounts made up, mocked up for the front seat mounts, got my battery box mounted and spent the rest of the time trying to make room to mount my cO2 tank.

Attachments

• 100_1820.jpg
    100_1820.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 100_1827.jpg
    100_1827.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 100_1823.jpg
    100_1823.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 31

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
battery mount, and co2 placement, anyone got any comments on a 20# 1100-1500 psi co2 bomb mounted behind my head and left of center of my children. I know lots of you carry Co2, my dad didnt like the idea of having that much pressure on board.

Attachments

• 100_1825.jpg
    100_1825.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 100_1829.jpg
    100_1829.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 100_1828.jpg
    100_1828.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 24

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Will your co2 tank not fit buy your fuel cell just a thought. what did you think of the pics now you can't say i never gave you anything.

It would, but it would be standing up high as the top of the cage, plus I need the room for my tool box and my cooler rack. also it would interfere with the fuel lines and suckdown winch mount.

Thanks for the pix eddie, way cool, I had never seeen the sand dune, or cedar city pix.

crazyyo

well i guess if you go and blow yourself up we will know not to mount them behind our heads :) but even if you put it in the back i dont think it would change much you still have all that pressure and the damage would be about the same

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
well i guess if you go and blow yourself up we will know not to mount them behind our heads :) but even if you put it in the back i dont think it would change much you still have all that pressure and the damage would be about the same

I dont know, but a lot of people have powertanks in thier rigs and in my research havent found any explosions. I did find a couple of incidents where they ruptured and had leaked out a frozen mass of liquid co2.

Im just going to truss out my cage in that area to protect it well so that when I roll on that side thier is no way of something getting to the tank.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
well, got some more done last week, havent had time to post pix, ended up working on my friend Devons 4 link on his bobbed scrambler yesterday until 9:30 at night, some of you know Devon, we got the rear d60 out, cut out the stock spring hangers, exhaust, anti-wrap bar crossmember, and antiwrap truss off the axle. bolted on new 3/8 plate diff cover, welded on new truss and air shock mounts (same set-up as I have), then rolled it under the rig as mocked up for our frame link mounts. Ill post pix of it later, we plan on finishing it on weekend after next. In the mean time I will be working on running my brakes on mine, trussing the cage, boat side bottoms, flat skid plate, mounting suckdown winches and limiting straps, fixing a few fluid leaks, paint and hopefully get some seat time in it.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
James were we still planing on cage friday and delta saturday let me know one way or the other

yep, cage friday, delta Sat. I was kinda starting to think about dragging the buggy out to delta, but I dont want my test run to be a competition.

We will have My Dad, My son, You and I all riding in my truck. Brad and his new bride were wanting to come out to delta also.

Last edited: