Rockslide at Rattlesnake!

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by jp008
Bring it ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Body damage is a sign that the vehicle is actually used.

BTW look what I found in my side gears........

I think it was just metal fatigue, don't be surprised if one of those finds its way into my side gears this weekend, I put an axle shaft back in with a slight twist on the splines when I swapped housings....pure fatigue, just imagine how many wheeling trips you have had on that thing, it had to give sometime right!!

chandler get your crippled ass out of the city but make sure you have someone that can take the seat if you can't drive, we don't want to aggravate any injuries!

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by SmokinCamel
BTW spence what are you bringing?? Zuk or jeep?

runnin the zuk, gonna see how long my bent z-link holds...:) kind of a ghetto booty experiment you could say.....gonna tow it with my cherokee.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
probably gonna head out saturday afternoon. tow the zuk down, run rattlesnake and take my silly ass time and enjoy it. scout out some good places for photos when the freak show of RME members show up. maybe go up and shoot at the Rodeo for a while...ak-47 needs to get broken in....it is always funner to have something that "reports" with an audible sound when you hit it.

then sunday everyone shows up and we have a fun morning watching the big dawgs get nutty.

terrymac

Originally posted by spencurai
someone hit the fast forward button on the planet so we can get to saturday faster.....

Here are some more pics to whet your appetite. BTW -- no vehicle had been past this section since the rocks were moved there.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
looks pretty easy, you just needed to give it some gas.

BTW nice sammy....I guess you wanna keep it that way :) get some RRO sliders and beat that thing!!

terrymac

As you can see, I got hung up on my front diff. No chance I could do that line with out damage, if not to my drivetrain, it would most certainly be the drivers side body work on that wall.

terrymac

looks pretty easy, you just needed to give it some gas.

BTW nice sammy....I guess you wanna keep it that way :) get some RRO sliders and beat that thing!!

I might have been able to get my front diff over, and possibly my t-case and rear diff, only to slam my front bumper into a another two foot boulder. I can't wait to see the damage you guys inflict on your Sami's. Please show me you can get through this!

BTW -- I may be up ther Saturday afternnon to witness the first assault.

Terrymac

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
give me a call in the morning about 10am 791-0377. if you wanna watch me run it then lets go, I will spot you through the nasty, you just need the 8" pipe caps on your diffs to protect em then you can bash all you want. I put too much daylight through my diffs to not have those pipe caps...:)

here is the line I would have you on with a spotter strap to keep you righted....
rattlesnake4line.jpg

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
you would be surprised how much better you can do offroad when you aren't afraid of bashing your rockers, protect em or sacrifice em. it is great to have a pivot point when you are in the big stuff

terrymac

give me a call in the morning about 10am 791-0377. if you wanna watch me run it then lets go, I will spot you through the nasty, you just need the 8" pipe caps on your diffs to protect em then you can bash all you want. I put too much daylight through my diffs to not have those pipe caps...:)

here is the line I would have you on with a spotter strap to keep you righted....
rattlesnake4line.jpg

I have pipe caps on my diffs, but no t-case skid plate or rocker protection.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I am running the trailtough t-case bucket. it has taken some knocks but it is pretty stout. you just need a good spotter to get your through the crap....and some rocker protection...

terrymac

rattlesnake4line.jpg

I have a spotter strap too, but between the newbie I am and my brother-in-laws cautious approach, we didn't even try hard enough to break it out.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
YA GOTTA COME OUT ON SUNDAY THEN!! bring it and learn how to take the silly lines. I learn every time I go out how to manuever better. I took my open open YJ out there and had to re-learn how to drive a open diffed vehicle, not I gotta take the zuk out and pound the snot out of this trail.....and my zuk coincidentally....

xjc

I give up :(
Just don't be surprised when spence drives through it just like the rest of the trail and askes where the obstacle.

From the pictures I am betting I could get my XJ through there with only 31's and 2.5 inches of lift. I might scrape a bit but not too bad.

Easy for me to say though because I don't think I can make it.

Hang around with these crazies long enough and you won't even bat an eye at stuff like that. not with a nice rig like that!