Rockslide at Rattlesnake!

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
your zuk is built more than mine, I just whip mine more than most other people....tim hardy has a nice zuk, not one square inch of it is straight but he still wheels the piss out of it...I will be there soon.....soon

terrymac

Originally posted by spencurai
give me a call in the morning about 10am 791-0377.

I'll be on the starting line of a mountain bike race at 5 Mile pass at 10:00am. I was planning to cruise over to RS after my race is over.

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
MAn I need to go out and give it a try but I don't have any spare parts if i break I'm done for. Pluse I don't know if my 31's would let me get by. If I do make it or dare to try what time are you going to be there.

SmokinCamel

Went from 80" to 125" :)
I'm runnin the Hardcore 4x4 skid plate. It has been though some hard time but always held up. I was always careful when I didn't have it. It's like playing football without a cup. :p :D :cool:

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
Originally posted by SmokinCamel
I'm runnin the Hardcore 4x4 skid plate. It has been though some hard time but always held up. I was always careful when I didn't have it. It's like playing football without a cup. :p :D :cool:

That's a good analogy! I'm gonna use that next time!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by SmokinCamel
... It has been though some hard time but always held up. ...

..and with your driving style, that is amazing :D Is that picture from the Rattlesnake incident?

You camping this weekend?

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by Portrnrzuk
MAn I need to go out and give it a try but I don't have any spare parts if i break I'm done for. Pluse I don't know if my 31's would let me get by. If I do make it or dare to try what time are you going to be there.

what spare parts do you need...I am sellin' you buyin?I have everything

CryogenicZJ

I used to drive a ZJ
So you'll be out there about 1 today? I might be able to head out there, but I have never really found the trail yet!!! I did find all the tow rigs last time just off the highway, but obviously went the wrong direction once I hit the trails:rolleyes: It looks like the beginnings of a Nasty day out there also! If you're heading out there.........I'll find my way out and see if we can bang up my ZJ some more!! I will be driving to Colorado tonite to pick up a car and dragging it back.......so.......If I mess anything up, I'm screwed too:D

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I am shooting for more like 3 or 4 pm now. I have a couple things I need to wrap up this morning so I will post when I am leaving.

CryogenicZJ

I used to drive a ZJ
I won't be able to make it out there until around 5 then.......Here's my schedule.......1200 Wife gets home from morning intern shift. 430 Wife returns to campus for Evening intern shift. I was gonna go between those two shifts so she didn't know I went;) I want to go out there so badly......I will leave in the morning for colorado now so that I can be out to 5mile sometime around 5 right after I drop off the old lady. If you can be there around that time, I can definately do it:D

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I will be out there around 5 hopefully. give me a call when you are getting ready to roll. 791-0377 I will be in the Bling-j towing the zuk behind it.

zukwave.jpg

my 87 samurai
blingbling.jpg

the wife's 99 cherokee

terrymac

Originally posted by spencurai

so it looks like 1 or s basketball or bigger rocks fell down....no biggy....looks fun!!

Whatever! Those be some big basketballs if thats true. One of them is more like the size of my kitchen table and the others are about like my TV.

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
Originally posted by terrymac

Whatever! Those be some big basketballs if thats true. One of them is more like the size of my kitchen table and the others are about like my TV.

Dang... You must have some itty bitty tables and TV's then... :D

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by terrymac

ok. reporting in. when I unhooked my zuk from the towbar, Bobdog noticed something was amiss. When I went into the dirt twisties, my rear diff, that was supposed to be welded, was no longer welded so I was running open open since I didn't have time to lock up the front this morning.

we decided to press on.

we got to your spot....and walked it with little trouble. tire placement was critical but I got my open diffed zuk through without nary a scratch!!

Bobdog walked through in his medium size CJ WITH EASE!!....sorry guys, that was not hard at all. just like I said. We didn't move any rocks and we waltzed it.

here comes the good part. we went on to constrictor and I blew out any remaining bits of my rear diff. I was hitting the "wayne's world" obstacle and I was getting on it since I was open front and rear....then my rear diff blew so we turned around.....and I drove through your little rock pile in front wheel drive....you guys just have NEWBIE issues....

given it was probably the most challenging part of the trail....but it was still easy. :rolleyes: