Rockslide at Rattlesnake!

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
spanked.jpg

spanked2.jpg

spanked3.jpg

it was so easy, I forgot to take good pictures, we did it that fast!!!

I was amazed with the grace at which bobdog waltzed through this whole trail hardly batting an eye....I was struggling in zero-locked diff mode on wayne's world but you better believe I drove right through this in reverse.....like it was a frickin highway!!! BWAAAAA HA HA HA...... terrymac....you need me to spot you, then you would make it look easy!!!

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
ok ok ok....so I lied about not having one scratch, I caught an edge and went through a rust spot I had painted over previously....what do you expect....its zuk sheetmetal...

itoldafib.jpg

terrymac

Originally posted by spencurai
spanked.jpg

spanked2.jpg

spanked3.jpg

it was so easy, I forgot to take good pictures, we did it that fast!!!

I was amazed with the grace at which bobdog waltzed through this whole trail hardly batting an eye....I was struggling in zero-locked diff mode on wayne's world but you better believe I drove right through this in reverse.....like it was a frickin highway!!! BWAAAAA HA HA HA...... terrymac....you need me to spot you, then you would make it look easy!!!

I understand now, you moved the TV sized rock for tire placement, the rock that bobdog's driver side tire is on.

terrymac

Originally posted by terrymac

I understand now, you moved the TV sized rock for tire placement, the rock that bobdog's driver side tire is on.

We didn't have the tools to move that thing and from the looks of it, I'll bet you're glad you did. In that pic, bobdog would have t-boned it with his diff if you didn't.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla

We didn't have the tools to move that thing and from the looks of it, I'll bet you're glad you did. In that pic, bobdog would have t-boned it with his diff if you didn't.

tools....I just grabbed it and rocked it until it moved over. bobdog pushed it a bit with a piece 2' piece of tube....tools, we don't need no stinking tools, that's why they keep me around....muscle power!!

terrymac

tools....I just grabbed it and rocked it until it moved over. bobdog pushed it a bit with a piece 2' piece of tube....tools, we don't need no stinking tools, that's why they keep me around....muscle power!!

My brother-in-law and I couldn't budge it. Guess I need to go on a wheelers diet and add a few pounds, eh?

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla

My brother-in-law and I couldn't budge it. Guess I need to go on a wheelers diet and add a few pounds, eh?

that was the only thing that needed to be changed. the break over on that obstacle was hairy but you guys could have made it....

we were the first ones over it that day as far as I could tell.

a couple YJs and a toy pickup showed up after and had an extremely hard time doing the line bobdog and I just waltzed...they had ZERO skillz.

terrymac

that was the only thing that needed to be changed. the break over on that obstacle was hairy but you guys could have made it....

we were the first ones over it that day as far as I could tell.

a couple YJs and a toy pickup showed up after and had an extremely hard time doing the line bobdog and I just waltzed...they had ZERO skillz.

No one had driven it, you could see where they drug that boulder into place and the tree that was cut down.

terrymac

The breakover must have been hairy, my guess that's what bit a hole in your rocker?

ewander

Wow, Specenrai, with wheeling abilities like you demonstrated and the mouth to back it up.....I think I have a new hero.........oh, it's not you, it's bobdog.

Hunter

Just new here, but have been reading with some interest. I'm terrymac's conservative brother-inlaw. When we were out there on thurs. we could have gone past this new obstacle. There would have been some damage to our vehicles, and we would have had to move some rocks, or inserted some. We elected not to, and returned home. We wanted to see if others would try it the way we found it. We both have teenagers who use our Samis as daily drivers and they frown upon body damage. I really wanted to see someone take the line that the armchair spotters showed on this site. But no they decided to move rocks, and then brag about their skills and call us a bunch of wimps with no skills. Just how long were you there moving obstacles, how many rocks did you move, and no time to take pictures?

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
we were there for 5 minutes max.

sorry for being a little mean about it but it was not hard. the whole trail is not hard but this was the most technical spot. the fact that I drove it with open differentials means it was easy.....no two ways about it.

I understand your fear of body damage and I respect you guys for not wanting to bash up your rigs. Don't take this thread personally because I am not attacking you, I am just trying to encourage you to try some harder lines because it was not hard.

jp008

Originally posted by ewander
Wow, Specenrai, with wheeling abilities like you demonstrated and the mouth to back it up.....I think I have a new hero.........oh, it's not you, it's bobdog.

ROTFLMAO :D

Ummmm sounds like a little SMACK going on.

Hunter

The whole point is, the big rock that was moved, was put there by parties unknown to make this obstacle more difficult. Maybe next time I will take one of my extreme spoters, Mr. J. Deere or Mr. A. Ramp and do it open with no body damage.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by Hunter
The whole point is, the big rock that was moved, was put there by parties unknown to make this obstacle more difficult. Maybe next time I will take one of my extreme spoters, Mr. J. Deere or Mr. A. Ramp and do it open with no body damage.

no the whole point is that you guys were too intimidated to even try it....my gawd it is just a little pile of rocks.....why the hell are we scuffeling over a miniscule pile of rocks....get over it guys.

we moved that rock over and it made it just as hard for the guys in the YJs behind us. we had5 guys on a strap getting a sprung over YJ on 33s locked front and rear over that same obstacle....geez....you guys are SENSATIVE!!!

yes it was the hardest spot on the trail besides the far right on the falls.....but damn....it was NOT THAT HARD!!!

Last edited:

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
The rock was not moved to make it easier. It actually took away the line that I had planed on taking. Spence was 3/4 of the way through it One front tire in the air and the rear end making banging clanking noises and providing no traction. He was all the way there if even one rear tire would turn. We pried the rock over maybe 6" so the drivers front tire could grab it. On the way back down the whole thing was one flat highway. The people behind us really did a number on it. The trouble with rock rolling is that people will always move them unless they are very large. Also you have the wrong impresion of Spencer If you met him in person you would have a very different opinion of him.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by bobdog
The rock was not moved to make it easier. It actually took away the line that I had planed on taking. Spence was 3/4 of the way through it One front tire in the air and the rear end making banging clanking noises and providing no traction. He was all the way there if even one rear tire would turn. We pried the rock over maybe 6" so the drivers front tire could grab it. On the way back down the whole thing was one flat highway. The people behind us really did a number on it. The trouble with rock rolling is that people will always move them unless they are very large. Also you have the wrong impresion of Spencer If you met him in person you would have a very different opinion of him.

I don't want to start any crap. I respect everyone on here and I just get upset when people tell me I can't do something.

I want to get out and hit the trail with my zuki compadres and show them what they can do with their vehicles. These are amazing little bargain basement rides we have and without seeing what others can do with them, you will probably never know how much fun you can have with yours.

I do come off as a prick over the internet sometimes, just get out and run a trail with me, I share the same pleasure of offroading as you do so lets just all get along....

PEACE MY OFFROAD BRETHREN!!

SmokinCamel

Went from 80" to 125" :)
I too like helpin out the fellow wheelin dudes and dudettes. Excpecially the Zuk crowd. I see more and mmore zuk people every week. :D We are a breed that is taking over so watch out. :p Oh I hope we don't become trendy. That would suck. As most of you noticed I wasn't out there this weekend. I thought I could do it but to risky. Couldn't get the foot up to the brake. Plus the weather killed the will to try. Maybe next weekend:p :D :cool:

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by SmokinCamel
I too like helpin out the fellow wheelin dudes and dudettes. Excpecially the Zuk crowd. I see more and mmore zuk people every week. :D We are a breed that is taking over so watch out. :p Oh I hope we don't become trendy. That would suck. As most of you noticed I wasn't out there this weekend. I thought I could do it but to risky. Couldn't get the foot up to the brake. Plus the weather killed the will to try. Maybe next weekend:p :D :cool:

if I would have had some company out there for the night I would have stayed but everyone had their reasons to bail so...here I sit studying for finals.....:mad:

Hunter

:) "I don't want to start any crap. I respect everyone on here and I just get upset when people tell me I can't do something."

Maybe I feel the same way. I was just a little upset too. I know exactly what a Zuk can do, and especially mine, without doing too much damage. A hole in my rocker was too much. I've had my Zuk before they were cool, and very few were built up then.

No hard feelings.