Rockwells who has them or considered them and why?

easy-c

I keep thinking that I want a Chevy 4 door fullsize pickup (91 and/or older) to build up and wheel in, but any time I drive one I soon realize that it would not be the ideal setup for my area or driving style.

Point in Case: Bribe on of those dudes with a few coldies, and get him to let you ride along on their next outage, and then pretend (yes pretend) it is your rig, and get a feel for it. Then the answer will come to you Daniel Son :bryson:
so have you decided after all of that? now the bigest thing to realize is whats best for you.how big of tires are you going to run? and what size of motor? are you running the samurai case?

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
so have you decided after all of that? now the bigest thing to realize is whats best for you.how big of tires are you going to run? and what size of motor? are you running the samurai case?

I don't know what the hell I'm gonna do, rockwells seem cool, but they have some pretty big obstacles you would have to work around. No one seems to be a real fan of them here in utah, I think mainly because there are no good examples of how they work in utah's terrain. I'm even looking at rockwell F106 axles, which are like the ones they use in monster trucks. They have a third member like a ford 9 inch but massive gears and ratios to choose from and 1.75 axle shafts:eek: So many ideas :confused:

easy-c

I don't know what the hell I'm gonna do, rockwells seem cool, but they have some pretty big obstacles you would have to work around. No one seems to be a real fan of them here in utah, I think mainly because there are no good examples of how they work in utah's terrain. I'm even looking at rockwell F106 axles, which are like the ones they use in monster trucks. They have a third member like a ford 9 inch but massive gears and ratios to choose from and 1.75 axle shafts:eek: So many ideas :confused:
ok,i know that feeling,just give it some time.

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
WJ Zuk

If you want to assess the rocks in person, take measurements, etc, feel free to come on down. Easy-c and I are not too far from eachoter. Between the two of us we have front rocks, rear rocks, hub flipped in, hubs flipped out, drivers side drop, passengers side drop... basically any combination. If that helps to plan your build just give us a shout.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I will probably have to do that. I'm guessing that easy c is hubs filpped out? Thanks guys :D

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
I will probably have to do that. I'm guessing that easy c is hubs filpped out? Thanks guys :D

No problem.

I think that his are currently flipped out, but last I heard he was going to flip them in. Even if he does, I have another that is hubs out (until I get around to flipping that one too) :D

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Ran Prichett with a very well executed Rockwell buggy on Saturday. He was fairly long but sat very low.

Was it this one...?
IMG_2879.jpg

attachment.php

IMG_2894.jpg

Jermys%20mud.jpg

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin

That's the one Cody was talking about earlier in this thread. Best executed RW rig I've seen as well.

Originally built by a guy by the name of Sterling (I forget his last name) in Price. He sold it to Jeremy, which is who was likely driving it this weekend. I believe it used to sit even lower than in those pictures. The belly clearance and height ratio is very awesome on that rig.

Caleb

I was watching some outdoor channel at costco this weekend (while looking at TVs :D) and there was a RW'd TJ that had also been stretched to a four door. It was the cleanest install of RWs I've seen on anything (buggy or full bodied).

It's possible to build a worthy rig with RWs but they have to be part of the entire build. (atleast IMO :p)

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
I'm pretty sure your talking about the red TJ (or what's left of one) that won the top truck challenge. He posts over in the Jeep forum of Pirate 4x4 if you want a better look.

I was watching some outdoor channel at costco this weekend (while looking at TVs :D) and there was a RW'd TJ that had also been stretched to a four door. It was the cleanest install of RWs I've seen on anything (buggy or full bodied).

It's possible to build a worthy rig with RWs but they have to be part of the entire build. (atleast IMO :p)

Caleb

I'm pretty sure your talking about the red TJ (or what's left of one) that won the top truck challenge. He posts over in the Jeep forum of Pirate 4x4 if you want a better look.
yeah, I found some pics of it on Jeep Forum. Besides the tires are WAY too big, IMO, I think it's a cool execution of RW in a full bodied rig. :)

standard-3.jpg

standard-4.jpg

standard-5.jpg

standard.jpg