Schoons Buggy Build

chadschoon

Didn't get a lot done this weekend but here are a few progress pics of what I ended up doing behind the seats. I am going to bend the head rests forward a bit so it wont look like your going to bean your head ;)
I have all the links measured up so I can get them made this week and hopefully have it sitting on all fours this weekend :)

DSC02221.jpg

DSC02222.jpg

DSC02219.jpg

Bart

Make sure to completely box frame that fuel cell. The Fuel Safe cell I had in my FTM buggy took a beating when we rolled. Of course you probably won't roll as much as a comp rig. Matt ended up pulling his because it bent so far out of shape from the bladder beating it from the inside.

xtremexj

Chad, what is the chassis overall width? I'm guessing somewhere around 52"? Also, how tall is your subframe assembly? Trying to take some of your guys builds to get some ideas for my own. Thanks.:)

chadschoon

Ok well i've got the rear all linked up and coilovers mounted. Now just need to do the front :)

IMG_0072_0304.jpg

IMG_0074_0306.jpg

IMG_0071_0303.jpg

IMG_0076_0308.jpg

There will be more box plating and final welding here soon.

Last edited:

chadschoon

got the front all mocked up tonight, Looks like ill have around 7" up travel before anything hits.

some crappy cell phone pics!
IMG_0499_0315.jpg

IMG_0495_0311.jpg

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
Looks good, your garage looks like a garage from a buggy that was for sale on here a little while ago by the guy with the creppy picture is this the same or am i mistaken