Schoons Buggy Build

chadschoon

I brought the chassis home with me the other day so that now I can have my turn at the fun. ;)

IMG_8982.jpg

IMG_8969.jpg

IMG_8981.jpg

IMG_8980.jpg

chadschoon

Finally got to do some work on this sweet machine this weekend. got the motor mounted and the sub chassis almost done. Should have it all done and the tranny and atlas mounted here in a bit. Next steep is to link it up :)

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

chadschoon

It may go up about an inch so that I can get my belly height where I want it. So it's basically ride height

Last edited:

chadschoon

ok so I need your thoughts and opinions. Since I have legs a mile long my seats sit back a little ways behind the B-pillar. What are your guys thoughts on tying the B-pillar into the tube behind the seat??? I cant just X it out because of my head ;) so any ideas? Dont mind the paint roller stick ;)

IMG_0451.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I vote, double B pillar tube with dimple died sheet metal between the two!

...at least that's what I hear all the cool kids do. :guilty:

schoonbuggy.jpg

I just put two bends in the seat belt harness bar on mine

Last edited:

chadschoon

I can put 2 bends in the seat belt bar just fine. I'm more worried about triangulating the b pillar without hitting my head :)

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Chad - my other chassis seating was pretty similar. I kinda liked the b pillar next to me because I was very protected from rollovers. Instead of an X behind the seats I did a single diagonal from the lower c pillar to the upper b pillar. Worked very well.

Here's a photo that shows what I mean:
EJS+2008+062.jpg

I also later ran another diagonal from the lower pass side c pillar across to the lower driver side b pillar to make a Z to absorb any force that the upper diagonal might have received.

chadschoon

That's what I was thinking Shane. Would there be any advantage to doing the same thing from the passenger side making an x? Or would that just make to much of a jungle gym ;)

BEACH

Casey Beach Racing
Supporting Member
She is looking real nice tarzan! Ill swing down to your house soon and show ya what i was planning! Let's not make her a jungle!!!!

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
Looks really good im glad to see the FJ 40 clip and hood you dont see those very often, oh and are you 4 linking front and back or are you going to three link with a panhard up front?