Side by sides in Moab

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
[YOUTUBE]on18SbtM8tI[/YOUTUBE]

Talk about using the 'Moab Bump!' They look pretty capable, except when they turn turtle. :D They look like fun, long as they stay on the trail. -_-

Greg

Admin
They look fun to me... no way I'd spend the Clams to buy one, but I'd love to thrash on one for awhile.

I'd like to build something similar... I worked with a guy that built SxS's with air shocks and high-horse 2 stroke motors. They sounded badass!

Good hell, talk about some nutballs! :eek: I would love to drive one. Alyssa rages around in our neighbor's, but ironically enough, they'll let my 7 year old drive and never offered it to me. :confused: What the world? :rofl:

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
My brother heads to Moab all the time with his Rhino. He ran BTR and Pritchett with us one year, and I gotta say I was impressed. I used his old Rhino(before he sold it) to run Hell's Revenge one time, and I had so much freakin' fun! Having a wheel base that short, but yet having a capable outfit made it a whole new trail. The smallest ledges that you don't even think about in a full size rig become fun again. I recommend everyone try it.

Now the bad part- there are a LOT of newbs out on the trail that may or may not have experience with trail etiquette/keeping our trails open. We are all in the same boat-wheelers, ATVs, UTVs, dirt bikes, even mtn. bikes. It seems that each sub-group has bitter feelings toward the others. I've seen a lot of negative press about UTVs by the wheelers on this forum. People are doing the same thing that's been done to us for years- stereotyping the whole group into a bunch of heathens because of a few jackasses. Talk to people before you form an opinion. We have jackasses in our passtime also.

Cool video Greg. I didn't see them doing anything wrong in it, except what they have to repair themselves when they get home.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I was going to say that if we did some of the things they are doing we would end up with broken axles or ujoints but they seem not to be braking too much...

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
I was going to say that if we did some of the things they are doing we would end up with broken axles or ujoints but they seem not to be braking too much...

They broke plenty. Yamaha and Polaris were down there during the jamboree. If you broke it, they would fix it. They had both tents going full steam the whole time to keep everyone on the trail.

TJustin

Porch Dog
Supporting Member
They seem to be fun, It would be cool if you could do some solid axle swap for those things to give them a little more articulation, they were always pulling tires off the ground.

As I am sitting now I am into my TJ about $7,000 I still have $4,000 in mods before I catch up to one of those UTVs. Annd its street legal.

Last edited:

jgb

How many times I have seen this discussion :rolleyes:

UTV's/SxS's versus Samuri's and Jeeps:

I could buy a Jeep and fix it up AND be street legal for the cost of a SxS.

Buggies versus UTV's:

Pay that much for a buggy? I can buy a SxS cheaper AND have 4WD.

Chinese buggies versus American buggies:

I could buy three Chinese buggies for the price of ONE American buggy.

-----

I spent 17K for my buggy (minibuggy) in '05, would I do it again, hell yes.

18" ground clearance, 13.5" susp travel, 4 way independent susp, clear view of the trail for front tire placement, spooled rear, and fun as can be.....

Here is a pic of me on the Snakes.

Attachments

• Local trail 02.jpg
    Local trail 02.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Greg

Admin
My brother heads to Moab all the time with his Rhino. He ran BTR and Pritchett with us one year, and I gotta say I was impressed. I used his old Rhino(before he sold it) to run Hell's Revenge one time, and I had so much freakin' fun! Having a wheel base that short, but yet having a capable outfit made it a whole new trail. The smallest ledges that you don't even think about in a full size rig become fun again. I recommend everyone try it.

Now the bad part- there are a LOT of newbs out on the trail that may or may not have experience with trail etiquette/keeping our trails open. We are all in the same boat-wheelers, ATVs, UTVs, dirt bikes, even mtn. bikes. It seems that each sub-group has bitter feelings toward the others. I've seen a lot of negative press about UTVs by the wheelers on this forum. People are doing the same thing that's been done to us for years- stereotyping the whole group into a bunch of heathens because of a few jackasses. Talk to people before you form an opinion. We have jackasses in our passtime also.

Cool video Greg. I didn't see them doing anything wrong in it, except what they have to repair themselves when they get home.

Sounds like a good time to me! And I totally agree with you about the stereotyping, we're not doing our usergroup as a whole any favors by doing so.

STPPINZ

I have to chime in on this one...I have had my RZR for 4 months now and can't tell you how much fun they are! It has totally rejuvenated going off road for me. I was even to the point I was going to sell my Pinz all together. But now I am going to keep it to have the option. Taking those trail in Moab that you have done a million times are now new territory. Its just a different ride. You can do trails that take you all day in a full size rig in about a third of the time. I think if you are someone who is bashing them you obviously have not driven one. Everyone I let take the RZR for a spin always come back with a grin ear to ear. And the fam really likes the mix up in the trail riding too. The RZR is the ultimate side by side because you can "crawl" with it, but when you get bored with that, you can go to the dunes and do this (Little Sahara a few weeks ago)...

104_2924.jpg

We just got back from doing Logandale Trail System by the Valley of Fire and some trails near Mesquite last weekend and was able to get to places in the Ranger and RZR that I would never be able to with any normal size vehicle...It's just fun to have another option. So don't bash it until you try it...

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I was pretty surprised by what those things could do when I was down at the BITD Parker race last year.

As long as they stay on the trail, more power to them.

jgb

Hey Stppinz,

Are you going to go to next years UTV Rally in Moab? 13 May-16 May.

We went last year and had a blast, we will be going again.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
I think they look fun! I do agree on the mini me :rofl:

If I could afford one this would be a great option for me. My wife always wants to drive but so do I!

Ive been wanting to build something for her to wheel for awhile but then I have the problem of needing a 2 place trailer to haul them both where ever we go.

My guess is I could fit a RZR behind the Scout on the trailer I already have. Then we could both take turns driving each of the rigs.

Now

I just need a lot of that money crap and life will be perfect :-\