Political So now what

Political discussions within

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I have somehow raised a couple Cummins driving, square toe boot wearing children. Not sure how my constant stream of Grunge, Tool and APC turned them to country but they listen to it on occasion when I'm around. Cody really should start promoting Morgan Walen because as far as I can tell he only sings about drinking.

The current rap country really perplexed me until I remembered all the Southern UT County boys in the 90s banging TuPac from their notch back ex highway patrol cars. Then it all made sense. I guess Lakeshore is the West side.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I have somehow raised a couple Cummins driving, square toe boot wearing children. Not sure how my constant stream of Grunge, Tool and APC turned them to country but they listen to it on occasion when I'm around. Cody really should start promoting Morgan Walen because as far as I can tell he only sings about drinking.

The current rap country really perplexed me until I remembered all the Southern UT County boys in the 90s banging TuPac from their notch back ex highway patrol cars. Then it all made sense. I guess Lakeshore is the West side.

My nephew grew up in Herriman. He has a sticker on his truck that says "born and raised in the country". Herriman! If that's who he is and how he wants to be seen, then he can identify as country. No skin off my back.

I honestly think most "country" people I run into simply identify as country. Most modern country artists aren't from the country either. Being a country music "artist" is simply picking the low hanging fruit. The rap/country thing...like Jelly Roll or Nas X? I think Jelly Roll is an interesting case because he occupied space in the absolute second worst segment of "rap", the white trash/country/south rap (the first worst is anything relating to ICP), but if you listened to him you could tell he was way more talented than the weirdo's he was working with/around. Then he wrote and sang that bad ass country song, and proved that all you had to have was a RCH of talent and you could out-do ALL of the existing country performers in a single breath. Moral of the story, even the second worst form of rap is superior to all of country ha ha.

Who is Morgan Walen? Is she like T-swift for drunks? I could maybe get into that. My computer doesn't allow me to search for country artists because it knows I went to college, so for me to find the answer to that I have to go through extra steps.

Last edited:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I figure there's enough random stuff in this thread that this is fine... It is political-ish after all.

View attachment 162133
Student.Upset_.Shutterstock.jpg

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Country music is so bad, we had to modify all of our driving test routes in Tooele valley this week to avoid getting too close to it with the Country Jam Fest Mess happening this week.

Cody is completely correct about low-hanging fruit. How many “Country Artists” are from Canada? I mean, Shania Twain was pretty hot, so I could lie to myself about the fact that she was a canook performing pop music and posing as a country singer.

T-Swift is just shit. There are absolutely zero interesting things about her or her “music”. Fight me. Hell, she’d actually be more interesting if she was from Canada.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
This outrage over this country song is pretty hilarious. People really need something to hate. They (mostly progressives) are calling it racist because the video is shot in front of a courthouse where Democrats lynched a black man for sexually assaulting a white woman (me too, believe women🤷‍♂️) in 1927. There are also alleged dog whistles of racism like the phrase "see how far you make it down the road" which apparently alludes to sunset towns which haven't been a thing since oh, 1960's. Seriously, instead of celebrating that this shit has been gone for 70-100 years they are clawing at the bank to keep it relevant. I don't get it.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
This outrage over this country song is pretty hilarious. People really need something to hate. They (mostly progressives) are calling it racist because the video is shot in front of a courthouse where Democrats lynched a black man for sexually assaulting a white woman (me too, believe women🤷‍♂️) in 1927. There are also alleged dog whistles of racism like the phrase "see how far you make it down the road" which apparently alludes to sunset towns which haven't been a thing since oh, 1960's. Seriously, instead of celebrating that this shit has been gone for 70-100 years they are clawing at the bank to keep it relevant. I don't get it.

My whole, point it’s a shitty song that I probably never would have even heard. Their stupidity has had the reverse outcome of what they wanted.

I will give my man @Kevin B. a listen every once in a while though

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
My whole, point it’s a shitty song that I probably never would have even heard. Their stupidity has had the reverse outcome of what they wanted.

I will give my man @Kevin B. a listen every once in a while though

Totally agree, I wouldn't even know it existed. I'm talking about people who are pissed about it, not annoyed or think it's crappy music.