Political So now what

Political discussions within

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
If you haven't watched any of the testimony in the Rittenhouse case, you should. It's available on youtube.
Some things I think are worth mentioning.

-Kyle didn't cross state lines with an illegally purchased AR. His 18 year old friend Dominic bought it and stored it at his fathers house and Kyle had access to it through him (Dominic) with intent to transfer ownership once Kyle was 18. Exactly like buying a gun for you child who can't own it yet. This was no shady back alley straw purchase.

-Kyle lived in Illinois, his father and aunt lived in Kenosha 20 miles away. Kenosha was like his second home and not hundreds of miles away.

-Kyle and his AR buying buddy were not asked to guard The Car Source as testified by the owners, however, they had keys to the business. Why would the owners give keys to a non employee if not to allow them to stand watch? Seems like they don't want the bad publicity to me.

-Ken Rosembaum threatened to kill Kyle on two occasions earlier that night if he "caught him alone" . He lost that fight when he caught Kyle alone.

-The prosecutor started his cross examination of Kyle by accusing him of waiting to see the evidence before tailoring his story to the evidence, which the judge and the defense objected as an infringement of Kyle's 5th amendment right to remain silent.

-Per the prosecutor's cross examination, hitting someone in the head with a skateboard is not assault.

It's pretty clear that the Prosecutor is not concerned with clarifying if Kyle acted in self defense. Per his questioning and statements, there is no such thing as self defense. His strategy seems to be to paint Kyle as a cold blooded killer which is irrelevant. Killer or not, when people are assaulting you, you have a right to self defense. I guess it's pretty clear from the video evidence that it was self defense so he has to go down another avenue. It's sad to see how clearly politically motivated this whole trial is. The evidence and all the prosecution's witnesses have all shown it was self defense. I hope more people don't die in riots when Kyle is acquitted.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
-Kyle and his AR buying buddy were not asked to guard The Car Source as testified by the owners, however, they had keys to the business. Why would the owners give keys to a non employee if not to allow them to stand watch? Seems like they don't want the bad publicity to me.

The dealer also gave them rides, guns and all, in between his stores.

The prosecutor said something almost exactly like "so when he was stomping your face with just his boot, he never pointed a gun at you" 🤦‍♂️

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
@glockman did you see the examination of the young man who took a lot of the video used as evidence? It was very interesting. There were a lot of different dynamics going on.

The prosecution looks like it's fumbling at times but sometimes it seems as though it's part of the "chess match."

The media's BS is so caught that they have the bobbleheads talking about fake crying and the judge's "racist joke" of the lunch delay only if the Chinese food is on a boat from China (paraphrased) rather than facts or specifics of the case. From seeing each event, in context, it's plain to see there's obvious misdirection going on - especially considering how mislead we all were if you watched the news without any further of a look into the case.

I do agree with the prosecutor in that this case is very political.
I didn't. I'll have to look it up and watch it.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I was on a jury for a day, I can't imagine sitting through 9-10 days of this. Watched parts of Wednesday/Thursday the prosecutor is driving me crazy. Yesterday with the video evidence guy they should have just played the video in real time instead of saying this was x number of seconds. Today I watched for a little bit, Jury isn't there and it almost felt like the prosecution was trying to figure out lesser charges so that he gets stuck with something.

ID Bronco

I have watched about 10 hours of it. I'm a geek, and like the law chess match. They have been unable to show him act in any violent manner at any time except when he is in Dire danger.

ID Bronco

Anyone see the drone video? Does it make any difference either way?
I don't know if the content is different, but I saw it during the trial, which was the lesser version and it was very blurred and difficult to discern what was happening.

As a matter of law, this is a huge "mistake" on the part of the prosecution, I'd say it was totally intentional.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
The prosecution is crying ignorance on the compressed file because they didn’t know that emailing the video would compress it down. The lady on the defense team brought up some points that absolutely need answers, such as, why was this the only evidence sent to them via email and not the official Dropbox? Also, the title of the video sent to her and the title of the video sent to the crime lab by the prosecutors were different. If it were the exact same video there’s no reason that it should’ve had a different title. The prosecution is inept.

I think this was deliberate in that the video would further the position of the defense.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
My feeling is that even the most liberal anti gun people know this is self defense. That is why you hear so much talk about weapons crossing state lines or the judge being a racist or anything else but the actual murder charges.

That and I think many people who have never owned a gun think the typical gun owner only has guns to shoot people with.

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
The KSL article comments are primarily those who think that Kyle should have been convicted of something. The article reads as though the writer wants him convicted too...lots of spin and key missing details about the case. Its too bad KSL doesn't approve my comments which point out the obvious slant and attempts to gas light the situation. Why are they so against self defense?