Political So now what

Political discussions within

ID Bronco

So you're a sore loser if you are in fact cheated, I mean not if you listen to the media or lefty judges. We live in a world where the truth doesn't mean much if it's not popular. I kind like it when someone keeps standing for what they believe when it's not popular. I'm tired of hearing about the election being stolen too. I wish it would be seriously investigated and proven true. Trump would like to be vindicated.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Yea my oldest girls are a year apart in school, girl #3 got her permit at 15 and the others were dragging their feet and got nervous so they were suddenly motivated. 😃 I had 3 new drivers in 2023 and insurance is crazy. The youngest will turn 15 in April so I'm not done yet.

If anyone has insurance recommendations hit me up. I think I'm almost $9000 for a year for 5 cars and that is more than 4 of the cars are worth.
You don't have to insure drivers, just cars. Insurance companies don't like it when you do that though and they will drop you if they can. My daughter had an accident driving my insured care. GEICO paid for the claim, then lied and said I didn't provide them with requested info and declined to renew my policy a couple months later. I still came out way ahead.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Yea my oldest girls are a year apart in school, girl #3 got her permit at 15 and the others were dragging their feet and got nervous so they were suddenly motivated. 😃 I had 3 new drivers in 2023 and insurance is crazy. The youngest will turn 15 in April so I'm not done yet.

If anyone has insurance recommendations hit me up. I think I'm almost $9000 for a year for 5 cars and that is more than 4 of the cars are worth.
Omg

moab_cj5

Supporting Member

I'm with State Farm. We have 3 drivers of 4 cars, one driver being a 17 yo girl. I don't know what we pay but it's cheaper than any other company that quoted us 18 months ago when we changed from Farmers.

Farmers was affordable for my house and RV, but was more expensive for my cars. We swapped everything to State Farm and it's a bit cheaper than Farmers overall.

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight

I’ve been with State Farm and just got a quote from Deseret insurance (using bear river mutual) that was slightly cheaper, and that was before whatever discount would come from adding home insurance. It’s been about $6,700/yr for 5 cars, and we just added another, so I need to figure this out.

I've been with Bear River for years now, including home insurance. The auto is 3,040 for 5 vehicles, including liability-only unimog and one teen driver. My agent mentioned several years ago that if I ever drop insurance on the unimog, they would not be able to add it again.

Last edited:

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
So you're a sore loser if you are in fact cheated, I mean not if you listen to the media or lefty judges. We live in a world where the truth doesn't mean much if it's not popular. I kind like it when someone keeps standing for what they believe when it's not popular. I'm tired of hearing about the election being stolen too. I wish it would be seriously investigated and proven true. Trump would like to be vindicated.
I thought the election is/was being seriously investigated. Didn't his supreme court rule against him? Several times, regarding facets of the election?

Who do you want to investigate it if not those that are doing it? Like, specifically which body or person should do that?

02SE

I recently went through the process of trying to find a better rate for homeowners, auto, and motorcycle insurance. I know several insurance agents, including the husband of a niece. No one could touch Bear River.

Houndoc

I thought the election is/was being seriously investigated. Didn't his supreme court rule against him? Several times, regarding facets of the election?

Who do you want to investigate it if not those that are doing it? Like, specifically which body or person should do that?
My thoughts exactly.
The number of court cases and investigations that failed to show a stolen election should be enough to put the lie away.
Unfortunately those who cling to it will never accept that because they can just claim it a cover-up up to a cover-up to a cover-up.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
You really think that if Trump loses in 2024 he won't keep a strangle hold on Republicans? I heavily doubt that. He won't let it go until he's in the ground and his headstone will say the election was stolen.
Currently the Trump Party is around 30% of the GOP, that's enough to win you a primary nomination, but not the General. I think that after Trump loses again in November his influence will start to wain. This will be the first time that the same Republican nominee will have lost twice in a row. This will put him up there with Williams Jennings Bryan as the biggest political loser in American history. I think that Republicans in general are starting to lose interest in the constant outrage that Trump retails. Don't get me wrong, members of the Trump Party love the outrage, and they also love to lose because it give's them license to be outraged. Its hard to be angry at The Man when you are the people in power.

But the average Republican actually wants to get things done and make changes to the country, not just relitigate the past and 'own the libs'. They've tried that now for nine years and it hasn't worked out that great. They're tired of losing every election since 2018, and at the center of all this losing is Trump. Also, the country as a whole is getting tired of 80-year old politicians calling the shots. Trump will remain influential in the GOP, but that will largely be because of the legacy he's left and his acolytes who are in positions of power in the party right now. He himself will stop being a king maker by the 2026 mid-terms even though he'll still be ranting on Truth Social about all the slights levied against him.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Currently the Trump Party is around 30% of the GOP, that's enough to win you a primary nomination, but not the General. I think that after Trump loses again in November his influence will start to wain. This will be the first time that the same Republican nominee will have lost twice in a row. This will put him up there with Williams Jennings Bryan as the biggest political loser in American history. I think that Republicans in general are starting to lose interest in the constant outrage that Trump retails. Don't get me wrong, members of the Trump Party love the outrage, and they also love to lose because it give's them license to be outraged. Its hard to be angry at The Man when you are people in power.

But the average Republican actually wants to get things done and make changes to the country, not just relitigate the past and 'own the libs'. They've tried that now for nine years and it hasn't worked out that great. They're tired of losing every election since 2018, and at the center of all this losing is Trump. Also, the country as a whole is getting tired of 80-year old politicians calling the shots. Trump will remain influential in the GOP, but that will largely be because of the legacy he's left and his acolytes who are in positions of power in the party right now. He himself will stop being a king maker by the 2026 mid-terms even though he'll still be ranting on Truth Social about all the slights levied against him.
I think one wild card that is hard to put a number on is the how many of the inner city people that have been affected by all the migrants who are eating up resources and having federal money thrown at them. You won't find any of the reporting on how many of these people are saying that they are going to vote for Trump on MSNBC, CNN or any of the liberal media. Will they show up and actually vote........only election day will tell the story if Trump and Biden are the nominee's

ID Bronco

A congressional oversight committee overseen by the ruling party who "won". At least one state Atty general of the same party. I don't trust them to do a fair and impartial job of investigating it. The supreme court said the states that joined in the fight didn't have basis. That is far from losing on actual merit of the assertion. Would you want your competitor doing the investigating when you had asserted they cheated and so much is on the line? Biden, more votes than any other president. That's laughable to me. If you read the headlines Trump has had it handed to him, but in reality he hasn't. I am not an only Trump guy but I am for whoever is playing the Democrats.

Pike2350

Biden, more votes than any other president. That's laughable to me.

Biden didn't get more votes then any other president because people wanted him. Really he got so many votes because so many DIDN'T want Trump. Trump is about as devisive as they come. People hate him or love him....and in 2020 more people hated him. He was what drew out the voting numbers because people knew if they didn't, it was too close, so they got out and voted....not for Biden but against Trump.

My mom,(RIP) life long R...never once voted for a Democrat until Biden because she hated Trump that much. That is the sediment that drove so many votes to Biden...not because he was what people wanted but because Trump was what more people didn't want.

Last edited:
I enjoy all the political banter to a certain extent. I'm a caucus attending Republican - a conservative with an independent lean. With all due respect, if I waltz in there this year and hear people still complaining about how the last election was stolen, I will likely walk right out. That is not a platform I can support. My take is there has been 4 years to prove the validity of any claims of any of this in the courts and any other credible venues. If the best they can do is complain about how corrupt the entire judicial system is, I'm not buying it.
I'm really not looking forward to the general election!

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
A congressional oversight committee overseen by the ruling party who "won". At least one state Atty general of the same party.
Here is a list of all the litigation regarding the 2020 Presidential Election. A total of 60 lawsuits have thus far been brought.

The supreme court said the states that joined in the fight didn't have basis. That is far from losing on actual merit of the assertion.
Right, states like Texas didn't have standing. This was a 7-2 decision from SCOTUS to dismiss these suits because to allow Texas to interfere in the election process in Pennsylvania would be completely counter to how our federal system works.

Biden, more votes than any other president. That's laughable to me.
You can laugh all you want, but that's what happened. Just because your guy didn't win doesn't immediately make it invalid that other people voted for the opposite candidate. Sadly though, this kind of rejection of the norms and failing to lose gracefully is becoming all the more normal on both sides of the political spectrum.

If you read the headlines Trump has had it handed to him, but in reality he hasn't.
The reality that we live in is that Trump lost, left office, and Joe Biden is president. Every court case to overthrow the results has been dismissed or lost in court. As @Unimog has pointed out, we're more than three years post the 2020 election and nothing has changed the results. No kraken has been released. No matter how you cut it, Trump lost. Had he not, he would still be sitting in the Oval Office today. Those are the facts on the ground. That is reality.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
1707171924287.png
Many such convenient 4AM cases.

Edit:
late-night-voting-dump-trump-biden-2020.jpg

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
View attachment 169501
Many such convenient 4AM cases.

Edit:
late-night-voting-dump-trump-biden-2020.jpg
We've all seen the charts over and over again. Its become akin to rewatching the Zapruder film on super slow-mo for the Nth time desperate to see evidence of the second shooter.
But, as I mentioned, every challenge thus far failed to meet muster. Until one does, the facts on the ground remain: Trump lost.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Until one does, the facts on the ground remain: Trump lost.
Well yea, he's not currently Pres.
But the fact remains that there are a lot of highly suspicious events that happened that night, no matter what any "authority" says otherwise. Still doesn't make the idea of rampant fraud not true.

Edit: further more - charts like this are like a version of the Zapruder film that has the second shooter plainly in half of the damn frame.

Last edited: