Spotted

Samersen

The night before Thanksgiving driving through Boise I saw early 2000's Tacoma with Utah plates and the spare tire mounted outside the tailgate. I know I have seen it before down in Utah. I couldn't get a picture it was to dark.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
i saw a few RME homies (as i like to call them) down in moab.

i saw cheston's rig quite a few times- it's hard to miss
i saw bart in the stranger going into upper heldo and again on the dunes after pritchett/bhr- such a sweet looking rig!
i saw UFAB coming down the trail to green day (not sure if that trail has a name)- he also has a very nice rig

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
saw this lil guy right off 12600south on saturday
photo-6.jpg

NC plates, fullwidth, 39" (or so) iroks on H1s. coilovers.

Coco

So the day before Thanksgiving, saw this guy onthe freeway, dont know if he is on here or not tho

6D273F50-4F1E-4C0E-BC07-75466110898B-4904-000009DC1E60CEDD.jpg

Then on Thanksgiving, I had to run to the Smiths Marketplace in Lehi for a couple last min things, and came out of the store with this guy parked next to me.... Put me to shame a little I would have to say. But DAMN WHAT A NICE JEEP (again dont know if you are on here, but I did leave you a note on your windshield!) !!!

C864B679-3858-4E33-8DE3-A2DFF26AD367-4904-000009DC25B8C095.jpg

86B2CBCB-4B4B-4050-AF8B-7CFE2762A478-4904-000009DC2B9A9865.jpg

Dynatrak axles
Spyderlocks
40" MTRs
Coilovers on all 4 corners
etc.

Very nice rig!

mombobuggy

I think that rig is from Brigham city at least that is where I saw it very custom front wheel drive only boogie wheel rear suspension with air bags. runs on natural gas the frame is custom from the cab back with big tanks where the rear end once was. 460 motor. drive slugs on the front end permanantly in 4 hi. neat stuff want one.

B2-Bomber

STAG

On my grind
I think the front wheel drive only is on reference to the rear axles. Meaning only the first rear axle has power, not the last axle.

mombobuggy

I dont know why maybe that is the reason ive only seen one of them the fender had a badge from a coach builder dont remember the name and my phone was to dead to take pictures that day . I suppose being such a long wheelbase and not having the bumpsteer that often comes with lifted trucks it might not be so bad. but I know what you mean my old f 350 with 44 inch tires always reminded me if the lockouts were in but it drove ok the rest of the time. back in the 70 s a lot of trucks were full time four wheel drive with a differential in the transfer case and the complaints about them were mostly related to bad fuel economy and tire wear. Big wide wheels with positive offset cause more handling problems than we want to admit because we like the way they look.

mombobuggy

I dig your bronco 2 bomber I meant to ask about it on the old man run but never got a chance I have a very clean 85 that I am hoping to build sometime.

skiboarder

SkiBoarder
Having blown a few rear driveshafts and driven trucks in "front wheel drive", all I can say is ditto B2-Bomber. Even stock open-diff trucks with a solid front axle suck in front drive. Lots of torque steer, and ultimate easy burnouts.
I drove home from moab in front wheel drive. I have a lockrite in the front diff. Talk about scary. I would accelerate and it wouyld pull hard to the left. So I would back off . The it would pull hard to the right. I was a long trip home.:eek: