spring over

Caleb

Originally posted by BBowski82
The only purpose of hi-steer is to keep the links out of the rocks.

Actually that is not the only reason for hi-steer...the main reason(if you ask me) is to get your steering geometry back into spec after you have lifted your vehicle, so it will help eliminate bumpsteer...and I must have been mistaken on the tierods because on both my 94 Yj (when I was running the D30) and on my bros 85 CJ the tie rod was stock under the knuckle...we retapered the knuckles so it could go on top...you never know about Jeep...

rockraven

Originally posted by supergper

I judge thank you very much...if I wanted to compete I would be competing:rolleyes:

Well if you judge, you should know sprung over rigs hop more than properly set up 3 or 4 link rigs do. But if you don't I'll be at Farmington and Reno bring your rig and we'll do a little 10 obstacle test. Talk the talk or walk the walk?

Caleb

Originally posted by rockraven
I think I'm wasting my time on this site. Back to pirate. AMF.

Yep you prolly are wasting your time here:rolleyes:

BTW who said anything about a 3 or 4 link??? I could have sworn we were just talking about SOA vs. SUA...I will agree with you(oh my hell did I say that:D)that 3 or 4 link setups (if done properly) will get little to no axle wrap:p

Vonski

nothing to see here...
I think I'm wasting my time on this site. Back to pirate. AMF.

We have made a conscious effort to make this board unlike the Pirate board. If you are looking for a place to convince people of your superior knowledge and get pissy when they don't care, you are in the wrong place indeed.

rockraven

If you're doing alot of creek beds/bouldering spring overs are ok. If you're climbing alot like farmington,moab, then you're going to hop. Hopping means breakage. But cheap is good.

This was my first post, just letting the guy know what I thought.
I had my first cj sprung over the summer of 1980. I've had 5 or 6
since. Including a Yj I have now,along with my comp. buggy.Then some yak dick kid that was born after I had my cj5 with a 401,44's front and rear and a spring over tells me to shut up and listen, I might learn something. Its funny how ignorant people don't know they are.

OK cone head, Hide over here in the corner and pass on bad info.
You'll all end up with things like that turtle at St. George. Or you could ask people that know and are willing to tell. Most of the racers I know are good ol Boy's and will help and some are ass holes, I don't even talk to those guys. You don't want the rep. of
being a backyard forum. Bad info will cost you a lot of money and maybe your life. And Vonski I do know who you are. nice finish @ supercrawl. out.

Last edited:

Caleb

This was my first post, just letting the guy know what I thought.
I had my first cj sprung over the summer of 1980. I've had 5 or 6
since. Including a Yj I have now,along with my comp. buggy.Then some yak dick kid that was born after I had my cj5 with a 401,44's front and rear and a spring over tells me to shut up and listen, I might learn something. Its funny how ignorant people don't know they are.

OK cone head, Hide over here in the corner and pass on bad info.
You'll all end up with things like that turtle at St. George. Or you could ask people that know and are willing to tell. Most of the racers I know are good ol Boy's and will help and some are ass holes, I don't even talk to those guys. You don't want the rep. of
being a backyard forum. Bad info will cost you a lot of money and maybe your life. And Vonski I do know who you are. nice finish @ supercrawl. out.

So I misread your first post I could have swore it was refering to SUA being better...I appologize(sp?) as Vonski said we try hard to not make this a POR even though most if not all of us frequent POR too...

BTW whats wrong with the turtle:D:D:D now thats my kind of rig:p big and top heavy...yeah baby!!!

I already said I agree with you on link suspesions using coils are superior to just about any setup using leaves...we welcome you if you want to stay...if not then have fun on the trails...

Vonski

nothing to see here...

And Vonski I do know who you are.

Hmmm, I'm curious... and you are?

Regardless of who you are, you should know better than sportin' an attitude on your first couple posts and expect a warm welcome. You obviously have alot of experience wheeling and modifying rigs if you have been doing it since 1980 (before many of these guys were born). It takes a short period of time to figure out the guys (and girls?) that know their $hit and the ones who don't. If you were a bit more patient with them, they would do the same in return. If thats not the way you work, the more blunt and abrasive POR board is the place to be. I think you ought to give RME a chance, but thats up to you. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or comments, or we can work this all out in this thread.

Wanker Delux

The Other Greg
Originally posted by supergper

When you know what you are talking about then feel free to speak...until then sit back and learn...if a SOA is done properly(including anti-wrap bar) then you wont get any hop...I only saw 1 vehicle this whole weekend at St. george UROC that was SUA and that was only in the front...the rear was coils...:D:p

Allow me to be the 3rd party... the above post was the first 'negitive' remark on the thread. And in fact it was made by supergper.

So now we know who started it, who is going to finish it?

Granted rockraven probably didn't quite explane himself totaly, but frankly I don't think supergper's response was justified. Just look at all the other dumb things that have been said on the board... Lord knows we have all made them (and some still are :rolleyes: ).

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by Wanker Delux
...So now we know who started it, who is going to finish it....

I realized who started it the entire time...:D

I just enjoy some good rant...;)

Anyways... as everyone knows... Goodyears are the best tire...bar none...for everything....mud....rocks...sand...

Flame on.....:D

PS-Think twice before seriously responding to this post...;)

Caleb

Originally posted by Wanker Delux

Allow me to be the 3rd party... the above post was the first 'negitive' remark on the thread. And in fact it was made by supergper.

So now we know who started it, who is going to finish it?

Granted rockraven probably didn't quite explane himself totaly, but frankly I don't think supergper's response was justified. Just look at all the other dumb things that have been said on the board... Lord knows we have all made them (and some still are :rolleyes: ).

You're right I did and if you read this post I realized my mistake and finished it as far as I am concerned...

So I misread your first post I could have swore it was refering to SUA being better...I appologize(sp?) as Vonski said we try hard to not make this a POR even though most if not all of us frequent POR too...

BTW whats wrong with the turtle now thats my kind of rig big and top heavy...yeah baby!!!

I already said I agree with you on link suspesions using coils are superior to just about any setup using leaves...we welcome you if you want to stay...if not then have fun on the trails...

anyways what good is a little argumental discusion if everyone starts throwing tissy fits anyways???:D:p