Steve's Sidekick Build

sixstringsteve

that's not clutter, it's a relevant question. Brent from Trail Tough recommended it, and I researched with a few other people who have installed this lift on a 4-door kick, and they said anywhere from 2.5-3" would be ideal. We'll see when I get it installed. I don't mind the tires sticking out a little bit.

I've always had 2.5" BS on my samurai's too. It just works really well with these little zukis.

Also, after seeing the 2.0" BS on my '81, I really liked the added stability, wider stance, and look. I think those were the perfect wheels for that '81.

Last edited:

Chevycrew

If I did my math right...

on 55" wide axles, 12.50 wide tires, on 2.5" backspace 8 wides, will give you a total width of 71.5", or 74.5" total width with the ifs rear housing and front spacers/hub widening.

How wide is the kick body?

sixstringsteve

not sure on the width of the kick body. I've heard not to go with the spacers up front, but we'll see. I may want to do the hub widening if I feel like the wider rear end causes a problem.

sixstringsteve

When I talked to Brent, he said this rig had 4" BS with 1.5" spacers on it, so it puts it at 2.5" BS.

tt%20kick.jpg

Granted, it also has 35's, so it looks a little more proportionate, but I like that stance. We'll see, I may have to do some experimenting, but my buddy with the white one here has 3" BS and says it's just about right:

[YOUTUBE-HD]WeNViHvyx84[/YOUTUBE-HD]

(link) --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeNViHvyx84&feature=related

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

That's what Brent recommends. I think there's some rubbage issues if you run the wheel spacers up front. I'll be doing some experimenting though.

sixstringsteve

I thought so too, but it's what brent (designer of the kit) recommends. I'll give him a call and double-check since I already have an '85 axle sitting in my backyard.

He says the rear is only 1/2" or so wider than the front when you go with an ifs in rear.

Last edited:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Don't worry about leakage, just use silicone. My Xterra came form the factory with 28 holes in the roof, no leaks... yet. ;)

sixstringsteve

You don't understand, "precision" isn't in my vocabulary. My "precision" is more like someone with a seisure and an open tube of toothpaste...