Street-legal buggys - It Passed!

UFAB

That's bitchen..

To bad I just got pulled over in the industrial park testing a supercharged buggy. I mentioned to the cop that this new bill just passed and he said we are all wrong. Seriously, 1 block from shop, busted.

Last edited:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Does the population rule still apply? As in could we drive them in SL Cnty? I think no but it seems like everyone else is assuming that...?

MBD09

Does the population rule still apply? As in could we drive them in SL Cnty? I think no but it seems like everyone else is assuming that...?

Looks like SL County would be a no:

(1) (a) Except as provided in Subsection (1)(b), an all-terrain type I [or] vehicle, utility
421 type vehicle, or full-sized all-terrain vehicle that meets the requirements of this section may be
422 operated as a street-legal ATV on a street or highway unless the highway is an interstate
423 freeway or a limited access highway as defined in Section 41-6a-102 .
424 (b) Unless a street or highway is designated as open for street-legal ATV use by the
425 controlling highway authority in accordance with Section 41-22-10.5 , a person may not operate
426 a street-legal ATV on a street or highway in accordance with Subsection (1)(a) if the highway
427 is under the jurisdiction of:
428 (i) a county of the first class;
429 (ii) a municipality that is within a county of the first class; or
430 (iii) a municipality with a population of 7,500 or more people

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett

A companion bill was passed earlier that eliminates the population rule for ATV's, which will apply to us as well.

N-Smooth

So you're telling me I can drive my jeep to work if I get it registered as a street legal atv? Witchcraft! I want to believe it but it sounds too crazy

skeptic

Great news guys! I don't have a buggy, nor do I ever plan to get one, but anything that allows more freedom is a win in my book. I wouldn't mind picking up a UTV one day, and law changes like this can only help the future.

kgb

As near as I can figure there are two, one for ATV's and one for full sized. The full sized still has the pop. rule, ATV does not. ATV has tire size to 26, full size 44.

N-Smooth

I can't read this stuff lol so let's have all of the smart people on here put your heads together and let me know! It's exciting regardless but it would be majestic if I could drive my jeep around in SL Cnty

MBD09

SL County is considered a 1st class county and according to the bill we are not allowed to drive an ATV of any type in SL County "Unless a street or highway is designated as open for street-legal ATV use by the controlling highway authority"