The Budget Buggy - Take Two

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Yeah there looks like there is enough room to tighten up the bend on the shock hoops and squeeze in a wider radiator or go to a rear mount radiator

Coco

I'm going to take a look and see if I can make my radiator work by raking it a bit more. If it happens to sit above the winch, it might just work. I am definitely going to see what I can do to rake the hood down more as well.

Coco

Working saturdays doesnt allow much time to work on your project... About all I got done was I got the radiator mounted....

I'll be working more on it this week. Its getting close to roller status, then onto the interior!

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
You are going to want more than just those 4 tabs holding your radiator, I would build a cradle for the lower tank to sit in and then make one for the top as well then line them with some rubber or foam.

I learned the hard way and broke a radiator mounting it like that

Coco

Got a bit done on the buggy this past weekend, switched tires around, that and running to SLC for some coils for the coilovers (Thanks Lance!!!) took up about half the day.

I got the grill mounted, and got the cross bar between the shock hoops built.

You may have noticed the gap between the grill and hood. After mounting the grill, I built the cross bar. It is actually holding up the hood so it doesnt mount flush anymore. Trying to decide if I want to cut the hood more to bring it back down, or just move the grill up...

it gotta be in a roller this week

Cascadia

Undecided
I'd move the shock hoop crossmember down and forward if possible. It'll give you a better view angle and close that gap and the hoops could stick up through the hood like planned.

Coco

Got some more work done on the buggy last night, I was trying to get it into a roller, but didnt have some of the parts needed. Got all the links and brackets welded in place, as well as some bracing built and welded in for the front hoops.

Waiting to finish up the drivers side until I see where the pedals are going to sit... Speaking of pedals :D

Coco

Well its time for an update!

Got the front air bumps all mounted, and the pads made and welded on the axle, also threw the coils on the coilovers... Sure hope these things settle when it is fully built and sitting on its own weight!