The Budget Buggy - Take Two

Coco

Good to see some progress on the buggy Coco. You're making all of the right upgrades.

Thanks Bart! It was much needed, no doubt there. I honestly should have done some of them when I first built it, but it gave me something to do now :)

That brace under the second A pillar (or A.5 as I like to call it) is smart. It's actually something that's always bugged me about F-Toy's.
Are you planning on filling that whole section between A-pillars with dimpled plate? Seems like that would damage visibility a fair bit. Just a thought

Your telling me! The F-Toy chassis I really like, but even the first A pillar doesn't really have any ties even from Hendrix. Bracing up the second A I think will definitely improve the strength, and then yes I do plan on doing plates with dimple dies in them to brace both pillars together to strengthen it all up as one. I may not go clear from bottom to top, but probably 2/3 the gap. I don't see another way of bracing it up without it looking terrible, or insufficient strength.

I thought it might cause visibility issues as well, but I'm hoping that won't be the case. Shouldn't be too bad I don't think. I can't think of the last time I was looking through my pillars to see what I was doing, or where I was going (but then again you never think about that, you just do it lol)

Last edited:

Coco

Saturday I got the tube in and replaced, and got the gussets drawn up and cut. I did upper and lower gussets, rather than doing the entire middle gusset. Should work just fine, and ultimately, if it fails I will cut it all off, and start fresh.

Coco

Unfortunately no. Most of the shop is out for SHOT Show in Vegas this week, so I have to stay behind to cover for them :( I was registered and everything to go, but have to stay. So I will be going next weekend with some friends and family.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Unfortunately nothing, we're going the next weekend and will have the place to ourselves. I'm actually a little bummed to not be going as well since it was a tradition and I met some cool people during it in the last couple years but closed trails are no bueno

Coco

Well, I havent updated this in a while, been finishing it up for our Sand Hollow trip this past weekend.

I got all the gussets, and bracing added to the chassis, then re-painted the cage. I also pulled my carbon wrap off the panels, and sent them off to my buddy of at Custom Edge in Lehi to have him do some paint work. I also got ahold of OTRATTW and got some new rocker switches to update my ARB switches. Once and a while I would push the rear disconnect switch or the rear locker switch when I needed the other option. I havent had a mistake yet with the much clearer switch selection :D Here are the pics:

They got scratched up over the weekend :( but I knew they would... ITS STILL A BUGGY!!! And I use it as such! :D

N-Smooth

It was awesome wheeling and hanging out with you guys. We must go again soon.

Oh and JAPAN!

Coco

Thanks guys! It was a good time no doubt! Can't wait to do it again!

I think the update yesterday on RME may have made it post twice, I'll attempt to get the other one deleted.

Coco

Thanks guys :) definitely need to run some trails again soon! I came home, and have been in a rut since.... Something about shorts and Tshirt weather driving the buggy in one of the best places on earth has had an effect on me lol

N-Smooth

Thanks guys :) definitely need to run some trails again soon! I came home, and have been in a rut since.... Something about shorts and Tshirt weather driving the buggy in one of the best places on earth has had an effect on me lol

I'm basically depressed and I haven't even gone back to work yet. Next week I'm gonna need a 24 hour suicide watch.

spacecase

Out Crawlin'
I'll be at Old School!! And hopefully doing many trips as well

i need to go this year to watch. may try to compete in a couple years, still need to work on my yota.

i'll hit you up this summer, would be fun to get some wheelin in with you LowRange boys.

Coco

You could do stock class in it!!

Yes, we do need to do some wheeling. I'm not at LROR anymore, but still talk to the guys and wheel with them when I can