The KTM 4CS fork thread...

djgardner

I put about 40 miles in today on my new suspension done by the Dirt Lab. Overall, I can say that it was money well spent and the forks with the MX Tech hardware are great in the rocks at all speeds and the re-valve that Jesse did on the rear shock is great also. I would say that this set up on the 4CS is right there with the cone compression valves from NOST that I put in my CC forks that were on my 300.

That is a glowing endorsement right there. Right up there with what I'm reading about guys dropping $1200 on all the goodies with the Kreft revalve. What does he charge for that? If its less than $1200...Jesse should get you over on KTM talk to let those people know.

The more research I've done on them, the more convinced I was that the best move is to drop the $2500-$3000 or so on the WP A-kits (then put the stock forks back on when you sold the bike, and turn around and sell WP A-kits $2K-$2500...with no resale value on revalved stuff, you got the best suspension for lease total price). But if Jesse is as good as you say, and assuming they are around $500 or so...it would probably make that the way to go.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
From what I understand about Kreft is that it is about 1500 for the forks only. I am less than this for doing both front & rear with springs.

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Update...

So, in the past 2 weeks I've ridden around St. George and southern Nevada. I did what I felt was "playing it safe" by having '13 CC forks tuned rather than go down the 4CS road, and I love my suspension now. This isn't to say that having the 4CS done properly can't yield the same results, just ask Paul. However after I sold my 4CS forks, I ended up spending less than I would have fixing them, so it was a good route for me.

While in Laughlin, I rode a new '16 350 XCF with stock 4CS and they seemed great as-is! Not sure what they've done to them internally since '14, but I was pleasantly surprised to say the least... and totally pissed at the same time. I would have kept my forks for sure if they were even close to those '16s.

Caleb

Good to hear Von. What's interesting is I've not minded my '15 4CS forks on my husky. Maybe I just don't know how a fork is supposed to feel, but if I had mine rebuilt, I don't have anything specific I'd want changed.

Last edited:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Good to hear Von. What's interesting is I've not minded my '15 4S forks on my husky. Maybe I just don't know how a fork is supposed to feel, but if I had mine rebuilt, I don't have anything specific I'd want changed.
The Husky 4CS are valved different than the KTM XC & SX. They are valved similar to the KTM 6 days XC-W. They had many different valving set ups depending on the bike and in a nutshell, the Husky & 6 days are set up very soft. Everything else was harsh in the initial stroke due to a lack of oil flow through the mid valve and the base valve was too easy to blow through. My 15 sx was incredibly harsh on the initial stroke to the point that I was getting some pretty bad head shake on a motocross track.

There are endless discussions of the short comings of the 4CS forks on KTMTalk.