The RME street moto gang

J-mobzz

Agreed.
It's way fun to beat up on 60+ HP bikes dragging pegs on a TTR125.
View attachment 161754

I can vouch for the riding school at SoCal Supermoto. It's one of the most fun things I've ever done on a bike.

Anyone who's interested, I'd like to plan another guys trip: cheap flight into ONT or LAX. AirBNB in Riverside and SoCal Supermoto provides everything: gear, gas, bikes and instruction for very very cheap. It's a riot!

View attachment 161755
Okay I looked them up and at that price I’m 100% in if you end up putting a trip together.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
If you buy the kit and bring me your forks I'll install heavier springs and for emulators in that bike.

You need seals and 15w fork oil too

Last edited:

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Any comments from anyone using a hitch carrier to haul a dirt bike/ enduro? I was looking at something like this so I don’t destroy approach angle:

As compared to
Something like this: (just an example, not necessarily the one is target):

What are peeps using? Any comments on one mfg vs another? One type vs another? Comments on hauling on the front of my van vs the back?

Looking at something like an XT250 per recommendation of @Gravy.

Tonkaman

I have a traditional style double bike carrier. I have loved the simplicity of a hitch hauler, but it’s definitely a bummer for Offroad clearance.

You will definitely struggle not to scrape the hitch hauler on a dirt roads unless you go the jack style. Since your only packing one bike is definitely go that route. You can even get one of those hitch risers for even more clearance

IMG_5837.jpeg

boogie_4wheel

I've been using a homemade hitch carrier for years (piece of channel with a front tire hoop). My front straps pull down parallel to the fork tubes. I also have a single strap to hold the rear tire.

In my eyes, a fork brace is a must have item. When you hit the brakes or accelerate hard, the bike wants to lean which compresses the suspension And causes slack in the other strap.

With the style in the link above that has the straps attached along the center line, I can see it applying pressure to the front and rear negating the need for a rear strap. But I wonder how secure it is forward/backward since the suspension can move and allow slack in the straps.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
I've been using a homemade hitch carrier for years (piece of channel with a front tire hoop). My front straps pull down parallel to the fork tubes. I also have a single strap to hold the rear tire.

In my eyes, a fork brace is a must have item. When you hit the brakes or accelerate hard, the bike wants to lean which compresses the suspension And causes slack in the other strap.

With the style in the link above that has the straps attached along the center line, I can see it applying pressure to the front and rear negating the need for a rear strap. But I wonder how secure it is forward/backward since the suspension can move and allow slack in the straps.
I kind of like the jack style and the way they bolt through the foot pegs. They do use a strap though as a final security measure to prevent rocking of the bike. My big concern with them is the height above the receiver that they lift the bike. For rear mount that is great but I want to mount on the front and fear I’d lose too much visibility with that style.