The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

rholbrook

Late notice but Harrison and I will be riding AF today. We are going to try and get out of Kaysville no later than 12:30 but our goal is noon if anyone wants to join.

D

Deleted member 12904

I'm going to go ride the Stansbury front Saturday afternoon if anyone wants to join. I'm planning on leaving from my house around 4-4:30

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Im thinking about an AF canyon ride tomorrow morning if anyone is game. The tibble parking lot was 80% closed off on Tuesday evening when I rode it and the area was a madhouse so the earlier the better.

Vonski

nothing to see here...
There are some large downed trees on 157 that people are starting to go around so Von is heading up to clear trail with his stihl later this week.

FWIW, went Friday and cleared 157 north of the 038 turn off, above Forest Lake, and as far north as the 037 turn off. Also fixed some "creativity" that comes along with the bigger blockages. If anyone goes further north than this (like to the northern most switchbacks or overlook to Snowbird), let me know the condition. Thanks!

Cascadia

Undecided
Ride AF with Luke today. Parked up Provo canyon. Came over above the east side of heber. Took 37 up to 38. There was a guy on38 coming down with his buddy. He was broke down. No spark to the plug. We couldn't figure it out after 45 minutes so we took off. Went up 38 to 157. Down around forest lake. Found a secret trail with 1 sq mile of that area. Took that trail back to the front side. It was gnarly. With at least 30-40 log crossings that we went over and not around. Ended up down at tibble. It's a mad house down there. Tried to fill my camelbak but that water is shut off for construction. Running low on gas already and were 25 miles away. Took 40 up the switchbacks. Then took 157 up to the 38 intersection. Decided to run it backwards. So low on gas and it would be the least miles. About 2.5 miles into it I was really out of gas with 15 miles to go. All the sudden came around a corner and boom. That broken 300 xcw was leaning against a tree. I borrowed a half gallon of gas. When we were trying to help him out Luke and him lived blocks away. So he will drop some dollars off for me. Took 37 down. Through Rocky Mountain state park to the end and up the steep rocky climb back to the truck. I had a front flat for the last 25 miles. It sucked balls. Rode 55 miles. We hit 10200 ft in elevation. And found some cool rocks engraved from way long ago. Oh, and the water trough at the top of 40 has amazing ice cold water. I highly recommend it.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    35.8 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 11

Vonski

nothing to see here...
You guys covered a lot of ground today! I'm gonna start taking fuel bottles when riding with you two. It was exactly a year ago we ended up in Walsburg and pavement poached Provo Canyon with zero fuel left when we got to the trucks. :)

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I rode from Red Cliff, Colorado the other day up the 709, tried to do the 747 but it was a river and I only made it about 2 miles before the river had overflowed the bank and run onto the trail; I rode up that an eighth mile before there was a stream crossing that was way too deep to try alone.

So I went back to the 709 and up over Shrine pass to Vail pass. It's still closed to full size vehicles so there was still lots of snowpack on the road.

Headed back and ran up the 728 until I got turned back by snow.

Got 43 miles in before 9am. Pretty beautiful. Bike didn't like starting off the electric start and in the cold, but still ran great up at 12,000 ft.

The rivers are absolutely screaming this early in the season.

Last edited:

GAR

Had a good time in AFC today. Rode with my brother in-law on his dr 650. Took it easy as I wasn't sure how he would do on the single tracks but I was pretty impressed. He smoked the clutch on the climb from forest lake to 157 so we eased it back to aspen grove. I think we'll be replacing some clutch discs in the morning.

I think I'll be riding Tuesday night if anyone wants to join.

GAR

A couple of us are meeting early afternoon and then maybe we can have a second meet up time around 5:00-6:00 for those who have to work today. I'm super flexible so it's really up to others achedules

GAR

We're meeting at Tibble at 2:00. If anyone want to come later let me know and maybe we can arrange a second meet up. Text will be best nine eight nine three three nine 6633

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
My friend who heads up our annual 5MOH ride under the full moon put together a night ride on Odds Trail at Chimney Rock. For any of you that have ridden this trail you know it is fairly technical to ride on the daylight. I can safely say that doing it at night takes it to a new level......especially when there is not any significant moon light.

To elevate the fun factor I brought Jack along for the ride. I knew new had the ability to ride the trail, I was just concerned how the supermini would do on this trail with the rocks and ledges. I must say that I was extremely impressed how he did. This was his first time on this trail and it was at night. He rode the pegs, carried momentum and only needed help up one ledge and only had 2 tip overs. At 12 years old he is the youngest person that I am aware of to ride it. He did better than most of the adults on the ride......kind of a proud dad moment.

Last edited:

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I'll second that. It doesn't get any better than your kid out riding your riding buddies.

If you have kids that ride and you haven't had a proud tear well up from time to time, you either don't love your kids, you don't love motorcycles or both.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Rode Buckland Ridge last night. Pretty fun to start riding at 8:30pm

Tuttle Loop gate tr 606 is open on the back side but not the front (west side).

I rode it last night and had to drag my bike up a hill around the gate to get out. I have no idea why it's open on one side but not the other, but I wasn't about to ride it all the way back at 10pm by myself.