The Vagillionaire Build

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I finished boxing the subframe in last night and made the provisions for the belly skid, These things weigh like 40 pounds a piece and are serious beef. Ignore the welds I get impatient on longer welds late at night and just hurry through them. It must be the ADD

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Well with only 4 weeks to go until EJS I decided it was time to get this thing torn apart, I got the gas tank raised 9 inches, got the unibody plated and got the back end stripped out. Tonight my goal is to get the subframe welded in and then start mocking up axle placement.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Nate is correct, I cut out the factory spare tire location and raised the tank i went a little farther than most do and lifted the tank high enough the filler neck is now on the inside of the cab. I will have to cut a new path and box it all back in to keep the factoryish and sealed off interior

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
the filler neck sticks out above the floor now, I will plate the floor back in and then throw the carpet cover back over it like it never happened the only think that wont be factory is the new fuel filler tunnel

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Have you ever been so sick of fighting something you just take it apart with the torches.... Well that happened to the factory T case last night.I cut the whole thing in half and had the input shaft out in about 15 minutes. Stupid AWD T cases anyways.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I got the input shaft from my factory 247 T case swapped into my 231 last night and got it all back together. I am super stoked it all went smoothly, If it didnt I would have been ordering an atlas and hoping it got here before EJS.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Hahahaha, an Atlas before EJS????? Love your sense of humor. Glad the case swapped out well.

When I ordered my Atlas for the buggy it was here in under a week, AA stepped up and bought more machines and started running 24 hours a day I have heard of a lot of people getting cases within a week

Bart

I stand corrected and glad to hear it. The last time I dealt with them it was a 2 month wait and worse around EJS. Glad to hear their production and delivery has improved.

cjncustoms

I stand corrected and glad to hear it. The last time I dealt with them it was a 2 month wait and worse around EJS. Glad to hear their production and delivery has improved.

I got mine I about 4 days as well. But Robbie has been waiting like 3 months for his! So who knows it could go either way! Haha!