The 'What did I replace or fix on my motorcycle' thread

Caleb

I also installed the trail tech ignition mapping switch which allows me to switch from stock to mild to wild. Looking forward to trying it out this weekend. Hopefully I can tell a difference.

Did you get your bike ecu flashed already? I'm curious how much you notice the mild to wild switch too.

Cascadia

Undecided
No I didn't get it flashed. I called the edge and he said if I had the switch then I didn't need to get it unlocked or have it flashed. He says the will flash bikes that don't have a switch so it is permanently (until reflashed again) flashed to the new time. I will try it out this weekend and if I notice no difference then I will take it in. Maybe you can see if you get the same answer out of the guy and let me know. Did you get the button?

Caleb

Interesting. I don't think that's correct...atleast not on the 450s and 500s, maybe that's the case on the 250s? On the 450s and 500s, if you have the US map loaded then it's locked and won't allow you to change any of the ignition mapping (what the m2w switch does). Once you get the EU map loaded, it unlocks it and allows you to change the ignition map. Loading the EU map also allows you to use the KTM UST so you can pull info and customize any part of the ignition and fuel maps using a laptop. Now I'm really curious if you notice a difference. I haven't yet purchased the m2w switch.

Cascadia

Undecided
That is what I understood before as well. It'd be nice if I did notice a difference but I'm thinking I'll have to get it unlocked.

Weird thing is i specifically asked if I needed to get it unlocked to use the m2w switch. He was like, if you have the switch you won't even need us. It does everything for you. Time will tell I guess.

Cascadia

Undecided
I had to make time cause I'm headed to St. George tomorrow and wanted to be able to ride to some trails. I got it inspected today and passed. I will get my plate on the way down tomorrow.

GAR

I had to make time cause I'm headed to St. George tomorrow and wanted to be able to ride to some trails. I got it inspected today and passed. I will get my plate on the way down tomorrow.

Cool, you won't have to go through the tunnels and bang your head on the ceiling :)

Cascadia

Undecided
Haha. Very true. I had already thought of that and it'll be nice. I'll still have to make a pitstop to that open field though for the jumps.

Caleb

Replaced a few more parts tonight. Most notably my headlight. I just bought a new OEM headlight, but after seeing that with my discount on the Trail Tech X2 it made it only a coupe bucks more than the OEM light, I decided to go with the X2. So, before 100% committing, I did a little comparison. (This is the Halogen version of the X2)

Brand New Stock Light:

Trail Tech X2 on Low Beam:

Trail Tech X2 on High Beam:

One of the big differences is the main light is a bit higher so you don't get that awful shadow from the fender that you do with the OEM light. I think brightness-wise, they are both pretty comparable, but the X2 is positioned better. I'm definitely happy with the choice to go with the X2.

Cascadia

Undecided
That is what I understood before as well. It'd be nice if I did notice a difference but I'm thinking I'll have to get it unlocked.

Weird thing is i specifically asked if I needed to get it unlocked to use the m2w switch. He was like, if you have the switch you won't even need us. It does everything for you. Time will tell I guess.

Called RMATV in St. George today to see what needed to be done with my switch. After I gave him my year and model he said I needed to do nothing. Just like the Edge told me. He said on my year and on the 250's it is just plug and play. No unlocking or loading new maps, they are already installed on my ecu.

So with that answer I took it out to some close trails. WOW!! :eek: What a diference! It is still just a 250 but the power difference is very noticeable. I was ripping through the gears and was pulling unattempted wheelies. It was quite fun. Now to get used to the bike again. :cool:

Caleb

Nice, yeah after doing more reading I came to the same conclusion on the 250s. That's cool it makes such a huge difference. :cool:

rholbrook

Put a new Maxxas front tire on my WR. The Dunlop was loosing outside knobbies like crazy. Reshimmed the valves on my friends CRF450R this morning. It now starts first kick again. Hondas are so much easier with a single cam which they should be since you have to do it more often.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Cleaned 4 air filters, changed oil in all 4 bikes and rebuilt the rear master cylinder on my son's 250f.
This was the second oil change on my 450 since the rebuild. When I cleaned the Scott's oil filter it was almost completely plugged with metal shavings. I'm hoping this is the remaining debris from the cylinder wall coming out of the oil journals.
I guess cainville next weekend will be the real test.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

djgardner

This is a cool thread...

This spring On my 09 YZ450:

-All new plastics (went from the stock white to the Acerbis Yamaha blue).

-GPR stabilizer (love it)

-Fasstco Flex Bars (love them)

-new tires front and rear (Dunlop MX51's. People think I'm crazy, but I love these tires in the desert.)

-Warp9 front rim (I came home with a MASSIVE bulge from the rhino rally...I have no idea how the tube didn't pinch flat).

-new top end: piston, rings, valves, valve springs, cam chain, gaskets.

-for the first time my rekluse exp 2.0 feels like it needs to be adjusted (I haven't touched it since the post break in adjustment). The free play gain in the lever isn't what it should be, and I stalled my bike for the first time since putting it in a year ago. So I will be messing with that here shortly.