The 'What did I replace or fix on my motorcycle' thread

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
This is a cool thread...

This spring On my 09 YZ450:

-All new plastics (went from the stock white to the Acerbis Yamaha blue).

-GPR stabilizer (love it)

-Fasstco Flex Bars (love them)

-new tires front and rear (Dunlop MX51's. People think I'm crazy, but I love these tires in the desert.)

-Warp9 front rim (I came home with a MASSIVE bulge from the rhino rally...I have no idea how the tube didn't pinch flat).

-new top end: piston, rings, valves, valve springs, cam chain, gaskets.

-for the first time my rekluse exp 2.0 feels like it needs to be adjusted (I haven't touched it since the post break in adjustment). The free play gain in the lever isn't what it should be, and I stalled my bike for the first time since putting it in a year ago. So I will be messing with that here shortly.

After talking to a guy that races the over 30 expert class this weekend who rides a KX 450 and ran a rekluse 2.0 last year, I have a gut feeling that you are looking at a rebuild instead of an adjustment. His lasted for a year of racing and when he called Rekluse, they were surprised it had lasted that long under those conditions. They told him it was designed more for a trail rider than a racer. They designed the 3.0 for racing.

I finally bit the Flexx bar bullet and bought some for myself and my son. Hopefully they will be built this week and Skyler will deliver them to the race in Murphy Idaho this weekend.

djgardner

After talking to a guy that races the over 30 expert class this weekend who rides a KX 450 and ran a rekluse 2.0 last year, I have a gut feeling that you are looking at a rebuild instead of an adjustment. His lasted for a year of racing and when he called Rekluse, they were surprised it had lasted that long under those conditions. They told him it was designed more for a trail rider than a racer. They designed the 3.0 for racing.

I finally bit the Flexx bar bullet and bought some for myself and my son. Hopefully they will be built this week and Skyler will deliver them to the race in Murphy Idaho this weekend.

I sure hope not...I've loved this clutch from day one, and it has literally worked flawlessly for me...but I would be absolutely disappointed if it will only last a year. I'm going to play around with it this week, and hopefully that will fix it. If not, the 3.0 is in my future...and I'm okay with that.

Since I'm easier on the bike than an 30+ expert would be, I'm hoping for the best.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
After replacing linkage bearings in my sons 05 YZ250F, the rear brake had 0 pedal pressure. I installed a master cylinder rebuild due to finding some rust and junk in the boot. Still no pressure. Bleed the crap out of it, still no pressure. Using a syringe I pushed about 8 onces of fluid in three cycles from the caliper up to the master cylinder, still no pedal and no, zip, zero air bubbles. I admitted defeat and took it to my mechanic. He had it done in an hour. He said he removed the line, blew all the fluid out with CDA and reinstalled and bleed it from the caliper same as I did. I don't get it, but I'm happy it's ready for this weekend now.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I rode a bike for a day that had them. No noticeable difference to me on the track, other than the extra weight...
Maybe more beneficial offroad or with a two stroke.
and I noticed they use skateboard kingpin bushings cool idea.

Caleb

I'm curious to hear your feedback on them. I have a problem with my hands/wrists loosing feeling while I ride and one thing that has been suggested is to get a set of those flex bars.

Cascadia

Undecided
I'm curious to hear your feedback on them. I have a problem with my hands/wrists loosing feeling while I ride and one thing that has been suggested is to get a set of those flex bars.
If this would solve my numb hands/wrists while riding I would order up a set of these in a heart beat. It's the only thing I don't like about riding is my hands fall asleep.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Vibrations have never really bothered me from my 300, but everyone I have talked to from my friends that have competed in the ISDE to Destry Abbott, have all said that they reduce fatigue and blistering. If you look aroound you see a lot of the top pro's in off road and enduro cross running them. Beyond on that, they are pretty much indestructable. I don't think I have ever seen a bent pair and I know several people who have crashed pretty hard with them.

rholbrook

Big Thanks to Caleb for lots more parts.

I have oil, oil filter and air filter on 3 bikes. Front and rear tires on two bikes. Plastic kit on one bike. Rear shock mud flap on one bike, fork seals on one bike. Harrison wanted a white rear fender on his 150RB so we got that. I know I am forgetting stuff but I will be busy tonight non the less and the wife wants to run up to Maddox for a steak.

rholbrook

Harrison wants to get some black wheels with red hubs so I am listing his old wheels on KSL. Anyone need a set of wheels for a bike? Its the 150RB Expert so the front is a 19" and the rear is a 16" I am listing them on KSL for $450 which will include the brake rotors. I will discount to anyone on RME. Tires are not included.

rholbrook

I bought a Lexx spark arrestor for Harrisons 150RB and got it installed. It was a pain to get the old insert out and cut an extra 1/8" off of the baffle which was not in the instructions. It looks good and I really can't hear a difference in the tone. It came with two different sizes of opening. We put the bigger one in.
image-1.jpg

Next we tossed on a new rear Maxxis tire for him. He is ready for Firebird now
image-2.jpg

Last edited:

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I started fixing my pitbike tonight after a long time of sitting: it got a new chain, cleaned the spark plug, oil change and a little wiring love. It started right up! The petcock is leaking and the fuel hose is brittle so I'm going to replace that too. I yanked the carb and air filter too in order to clean them.

Last edited:

Cascadia

Undecided
Rode my bike today til I hit snow. Half way through the ride my speedo stopped working. Got home, figured out it was a crack in the wire. Fixed that so it's working again. Then pressure washed the bike. Got it all clean for the weekend. Then a kid called and wanted to check my bike out. He came over, rode it, made an offer, and he wants to pick it up tomorrow. I'm trying to stall the sale til after firebirds. Hard to turn down an offer after you put 55 hours, 1100 miles on a bike and you still make $50. ;)

Also cleaned the yfz450 off when another kid called to look at it. He liked it and took it home. Woohoo!