Thoughts on 2002-2004 WJ... Will most likely (and hopefully shortly) be my new rig

Troop92

Picked this up Tuesday night. 2002 GC Overland. 165k with all the bells, whistles, and packages. It's in immaculate shape. First 132k owned by an older lady that had all service/maintenance done at dealer (receipts to prove, including all drivetrain reg services), and last 33k by a college family, used to get around Provo. I'm in love.

Troop92

Thanks, guys. I'm pretty excited about it, and came in way under budget too. I have a few things to do for safety inspection (tail lights and tires) and for my own peace of mind (replace shift linkage retainer), but other than that, ready to roll.

I'll be tossing on a lift shortly, most likely after I sell Trooper. Will transfer cb, rack, and LEDs over. Perhaps it's time for a screen name change... one not tied to vehicle. :D

Troop92

Once it warms up let me know when you want to start working on upgrading it, we are just 8 minutes down the freeway.

Cool, man. Honestly I don't expect to do much beyond lift for now. Really hoping these tires pass inspection, I don't want to have to put on a stopgap pair only to replace once I get the lift on and can go bigger...

Now you are ready to buy my rims! ;) but for real, they are going to be up for sale if I ever get them out of the shed...

Thanks, but I really like the dark gunmetal ones it has. And I'm banishing all chrome, grill gets painted next week when it's a bit warmer.

Troop92

Come break it in with us tomorrow!

You have no idea how much I want to, I've been reading your thread. Jeep isn't registered, nor does it have plates.... And Trooper is still in the shop. Two vehicles and I'm still sidelined...

Last edited: