Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Very nice looking buggy Shane! I'm totally jealous. I want to build one.

I've been waiting for new build thread to pop up from you. But I've also been waiting for Carl to update his too. :eek:

Ha yeah I was going to say....that's incredibly low! Still very sweet!!! Maybe my rig will be capable enough to run with you guys one day haha

You kidding? You can run with us anytime! I really dig your rig.

I like how that is turning out. Looks nice n low for how big and sexy those tires are! :D

Thanks! :cool:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Radiator is mounted. More tube around the coil-overs for support.

Here's how it sits after this weekend. I have it on wheel dollies so I can move it around easily.

Attachments

• DSC07974.JPG
    DSC07974.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 150
  • DSC07975.JPG
    DSC07975.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 144
  • DSC07977.JPG
    DSC07977.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 181
  • DSC07982.JPG
    DSC07982.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 145

rondo

rondo
I'm so jealous! I want to build a buggy so bad but my marriage is more important :)
Great job Herzog!!
BTW on my H2s i simply used a harbor freight angle grinder to take some off. Use a face shield, mask and be prepared for aluminum to get in your private places

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I might have missed this on my 2nd pass through your thread, but what spring rates are going to end up with?

Not sure. I'm waiting till I have most of everything in before I weight it to get the right rates. I'll for sure post up where the numbers end up when I find out.

xtremexj

Awesome! I'll make sure to keep up with your udates.:) I wasn't expecting you to answer tonight though - figured you folks would all be eating Turkey dinner while us Canucks work all day.:D

mierdota

I probably missed it somewhere but did you ever sell your old rolling chassis or is it still for sale?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I probably missed it somewhere but did you ever sell your old rolling chassis or is it still for sale?

Yep, it sold very quick (before I could even post it for sale) which funded the tires, coil-overs and a few other items.

Made a little more progress last night. Mounted the winch then reworked some of the tube in cab around the transmission & dash. Needed more foot room for pedals so it was comfortable to sit. Also started finishing up the spreaders in the belly pan.

I'll post up some pics after the weekend or maybe even tonight.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Winch mounted
IMG00149-20101127-1803.jpg IMG00151-20101127-1803.jpg IMG00152-20101127-1804.jpg

Some work on the belly pan and boat sides
IMG00153-20101127-1805.jpg IMG00154-20101127-1806.jpg

Reworked the cab center a little bit. Much more foot room now for pedals. Also some photos of the seat mounts, etc.
IMG00155-20101127-1806.jpg IMG00156-20101127-1807.jpg

And a better view of how the top of the radiator is mounted as well as the coil-over mounts.

IMG00157-20101127-1807.jpg IMG00158-20101127-1808.jpg

I can't believe how much tube this things is soaking up. Hopefully I'm almost done running tube. :ugh:

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I appreciate all the extra work you're putting into little things. :) I especially like the leaned-back winch mount...gets the winch that much more out of the way, with zero impact on function. :cool:

I don't know if you ever needed one on your old rig, but I like to see a tow point somewhere easily accessible, for pulling people like me out of bad situations without having to take a bunch of time figuring out where to wrap a strap. You could do a pretty low-profile spot to stick a D-ring through right under the front of the winch mount, or even between the front and rear winch mount tubes as long as it won't get in the way of the rope during suckdown usage.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
agreed I have a d ring mount welded to the bottom of my winch plate under neath, you wouldn't even know it's there unless you looked

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
what did ya do with your old chassis?

cool build. and no worrie's,the tires will seem small after a little wile.

39's look like donut's to me now. i remember when i thought 33's where big :rofl:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Thanks Carl! I figured since my extremely wishful October deadline had come and gone I'd spend a little extra time on most things. It's nice to relax a bit and just enjoy the fab work a little more.

I do plan on some kind of strong tow points on both ends. Still to be determined but I do have a few spots that will seemingly be strong enough. :)

And yeah, I'm starting to get used to the tires. They are a little wider than I like (ballooned out a bit) but I think once they get broke in and have less pressure in them they will be perfect for this rig.

Earlier today I cut out a 4.75" cowl to go behind the hood and meet up to the windshield area. Looks a little more complete with the hood on now. Also started placing my brake pedal and making plans for all of that junk. I was supposed to do the ball-joints on my truck today but no place in town had a ball-joint press to rent or buy (stupid dodge ball-joints pressed into the inner knuckles... wtf.)

So it was a slow day. Looking like I'm going to go with an aftermarket brake master cylinder. I need to do some research to find out what bore size and junk I need to squeeze those rotors. Last experience I had with a non-boosted brake setup wasn't very neat.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Herzog said:
So it was a slow day. Looking like I'm going to go with an aftermarket brake master cylinder. I need to do some research to find out what bore size and junk I need to squeeze those rotors. Last experience I had with a non-boosted brake setup wasn't very neat.

I have a 3/4" Wilwood master that has been installed, but wasn't the proper bore size for me. I'll make you one heckuva deal on it if 3/4 ends up being one of the sizes you need.:)

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I have a 3/4" Wilwood master that has been installed, but wasn't the proper bore size for me. I'll make you one heckuva deal on it if 3/4 ends up being one of the sizes you need.:)

Guess I need to find out what size I need. Have any info sources?

Did you go smaller or larger?