Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
a Ford Contour you say? Nice! Thanks for the heads up. I'll give you a call when I head out to the yard, probably the week after next. We can do some looking around for other stuff if you're bored. :)

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Sweeeeeet!

I really can't wait to see that thing on the trail Shane, I love how it's coming together.

I need to come up for a weekend and give you a hand with this... is there any time coming up that would helpful to have another pair of hands?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Sweeeeeet!

I really can't wait to see that thing on the trail Shane, I love how it's coming together.

I need to come up for a weekend and give you a hand with this... is there any time coming up that would helpful to have another pair of hands?

I can't either! I'm excited. I should have the front coil-overs in place tomorrow and then the rest of the tube work done (hopefully) by Sunday. After that it's just details and welding everything up! But really anytime you want to come out and even just shoot the shit would be great. :D

looking good brother........oh, got us a line on coils;)

good to hear! :cool:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Crappy blackberry teaser photos

attachment.php

attachment.php

1 tire mounted. Full bump, 15" at the belly.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Should be a roller tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG00062-20101106-1527.jpg
    IMG00062-20101106-1527.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 484
  • IMG00068-20101106-1530.jpg
    IMG00068-20101106-1530.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 483
  • IMG00075-20101106-1840.jpg
    IMG00075-20101106-1840.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 482
  • IMG00078-20101106-1841.jpg
    IMG00078-20101106-1841.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 480
Last edited:

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
Thats lookin real sweet!
114" is an awesome W/B! 114" w/b + low COG + 42" rubber = MEAN MACHINE!
thats real cool you fit 4 seats into 114" w/b

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Got the other tire the other side. Overall track width is 82.5" :cool:

It's technically a roller now, but I need to hone out the rear h2 wheels to fit over the rear hubs. I probably have to machine the lip down on those hubs too, they're the size of D70 hubs. Anybody know if I need to do both or just the wheels?

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Machine the wheels--it's not uncommon. I'm pretty sure Summit Machine has done a few sets. :cool:

What's that on the rear upper shock mount bolt? Doesn't look like a nut from here. :confused:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Machine the wheels--it's not uncommon. I'm pretty sure Summit Machine has done a few sets. :cool:

What's that on the rear upper shock mount bolt? Doesn't look like a nut from here. :confused:

Will do, or I'll devise a way to DIY. :D
It's a nut, does look strange in the photo.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Will do, or I'll devise a way to DIY. :D
I trimmed my H2s with a router and a flush-cut bit (just a wood bit... nothing fancy.) It cuts surprisingly easy. There is an area on the inside diameter that is already the size you need, so just set the bit to ride on that section. It comes out nice and clean, and looks professionally machined.;)

I'd do all 4 wheels, but you shouldn't have to modify the hubs at all.

Last edited:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I trimmed my H2s with a router and a flush-cut bit (just a wood bit... nothing fancy.) It cuts surprisingly easy. There is an area on the inside diameter that is already the size you need, so just set the bit to ride on that section. It comes out nice and clean, and looks professionally machined.;)

I'd do all 4 wheels, but you shouldn't have to modify the hubs at all.
This is very popular. Aluminum cuts like wood.

LT.

I used a die grinder bit that was shaped like a cylinder and I chucked it into my drill. This way you can control the speed of the cuts and move the drill in the different direction as the bit turns. Easy as pie.

LT.