bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Instead of applying a film-type tint to the roof, you could use a spray-on tint like this. I have never used it, so I can offer no advice, but it may be easier than a film.

I also vote for the Desert Tan... :)

Last edited:

ricsrx

You have done some great work, let me know the next time you are going to take it out, i need another exscuse to go to Price.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
no on the desert tan you should paint it red. Tan is what I was going to paint my skins. Now I would just be a copy cat.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Desert tan it is! I already did the front fender panels and it looks pretty good.

no on the desert tan you should paint it red. Tan is what I was going to paint my skins. Now I would just be a copy cat.

We can be on the same desert tan team. :D

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
with the low stance and monster tires it looks like it should have a gun turret on it. i love it. i'm interested to see how the ol' 4.0 does

hardline90

Real rigs are built!
I just saw the post on the new kid’s belts. I can't see how the buckle works, but if it looks like and arrow on the male end that goes in and clicks, just a warning, I had those type in my rig when I rolled a few years ago and had my daughters belt pop loose. She bounced around inside the cage, but thank heavens she stayed inside and only got a few bumps and bruises. After testing the belt, it looked like everything was working great until I had mine pop loose after a big hit on a climb. Found out later, that if you push the buckle in at an angle, it clicks like it latched, but only one side catches, it will then pop off if pulled hard enough. I started pushing the buckle in and then moved it up and down and found many times when only one side was latched (Clothes would get in the way without knowing making it go in at an angle). I got rid of them and went to a lever type so there is no question that it is latched. Just FYI

sixstringsteve

I think the roof tint is an awesome idea. I wonder if it could be tinted dark enough to where the sun wouldn't get in your eyes.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Really liking the desert color. :cool:

Fixed my tire rubbing the rear coils at full flex issue and made some more measurements for improvements to my front control arms (they are going to get I Lean-ified to help clear my tires at full steering lock)

One other thing I need to do is build a skid for the oil pan. I somehow overlooked that.

DSC08742.JPGDSC08741.JPGDSC08737.JPG

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
I just saw the post on the new kid’s belts. I can't see how the buckle works, but if it looks like and arrow on the male end that goes in and clicks, just a warning, I had those type in my rig when I rolled a few years ago and had my daughters belt pop loose. She bounced around inside the cage, but thank heavens she stayed inside and only got a few bumps and bruises. After testing the belt, it looked like everything was working great until I had mine pop loose after a big hit on a climb. Found out later, that if you push the buckle in at an angle, it clicks like it latched, but only one side catches, it will then pop off if pulled hard enough. I started pushing the buckle in and then moved it up and down and found many times when only one side was latched (Clothes would get in the way without knowing making it go in at an angle). I got rid of them and went to a lever type so there is no question that it is latched. Just FYI

I remember that day...scary. I had them kind of harnesses and never fully trusted them, after that day I ordered and installed latch type.