Today I Want This....

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Alpine A110.jpg
A friend sent me this. Alpine A110. Looks like its lowered quite a bit, fender flares, and has a pretty aggressive front air dam; but I'll still take it!

I always preferred them in yellow, though:

Alpine_A110_Car_1.jpg

4x4_Welder

So is it an NL320, a 1600 Roadster, both, neither? They're both neat, but tiny. I've worked on a 1600 Fairlady before, it is neat to see the Japanese interpretation and reworking of old British sports cars.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
This guy builds a lot of neat vehicles. His shitfox is my kind of build.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I've always dug French cars, probably partially due to my Dad having a Renault 5 when I was a kid, and partially because they've been forbidden fruit in the US since the early 90's. This afternoon I found myself looking around for a Citroën DS (not that I really need one):

331.jpg

Often considered the most beautiful car ever designed, and who can argue? Well, I can actually. Its weird looking and arguably the Traction Avant and SM are better looking Citroën's; but it is a gorgeously French car. And the technology in this car is mind blowing. Hydro-pneumatic suspension (ask de Gaulle how well it works ;)), road following headlights, and a CD of 0.34! All from a car designed in the 1950's. Amazing.

As always Jay does a great job talking about these:

And if you want to get into the weeds, Ate Up With Motor will let you kill a few hours:

Déesse Ex Machina: The Remarkable Citroen DS