Today I Want This....

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
We bought a couple of the fast cars like that, and kept breaking them.

So we all (brothers/parents/kids) bought crawlers instead. Many of our camping trips have crawling competitions now. Brother build a little course at his house.
I have a couple Scx24s also a good time. Latrax has held up pretty well. Chassis wise it’s been pretty abused and holding up. I have torched one motor and friend torched a few. Hobby shop warrantied no questions, friend got a couple sent to him free from Traxxas no questions. Once warranty is up, plan to replace with a more robust brushless. But stock motor is only $10

Also have a Losi mini B that’s a different animal. Had a pretty hard impact probably at 30+ mph on our “track” bent the tie rod straight and back to fun.

Few cones on the infield of a baseball diamond = good times

Last edited:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I have a couple Scx24s also a good time. Latrax has held up pretty well. Chassis wise it’s been pretty abused and holding up. I have torched one motor and friend torched a few. Hobby shop warrantied no questions, friend got a couple sent to him free from Traxxas no questions. Once warranty is up, plan to replace with a more robust brushless. But stock motor is only $10

Also have a Losi mini B that’s a different animal. Had a pretty hard impact probably at 30+ mph on our “track” bent the tie rod straight and back to fun.

Few cones on the infield of a baseball diamond = good times
Just don’t ever get into the big trucks. Don’t get me wrong I love my eRevo, it’s fast and does backflips and whatnot but they are so fast it’s very easy to ball them up or cartwheel them. My MAXX that I passed down to my son is a beast too, doing double backflips. But if you hit a curb at speed it
may only be $11 of parts but takes two hours to fix it.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Just don’t ever get into the big trucks. Don’t get me wrong I love my eRevo, it’s fast and does backflips and whatnot but they are so fast it’s very easy to ball them up or cartwheel them. My MAXX that I passed down to my son is a beast too, doing double backflips. But if you hit a curb at speed it
may only be $11 of parts but takes two hours to fix it.
Yeah they are trying to get me to buy a 1/10th I keep telling them my little guys already eat up all of my allowance

1969honda

Supporting Member
🤢🤮 I understand the civilian craze to own a hmmwv, but they are so impractical for 98% off things the average person uses a vehicle for. Only seats 4, so loud you can't have a conversation without yelling, (maybe the gas engine is a little quieter), no real cargo space, arguebly less aerodynamic than the tesla cyber truck, and impossible to park anywhere in a urban environment that won't impede traffic take up a ton of space.

On that note though, this is a dream thread, I'll take the Flyer 72 over a HMMWV. It checks all the cool boxes, except for oil changes requiring timing belt service at the same time. The full size version actually has a centered driver and two passengers up front.

STAG

On my grind
🤢🤮 I understand the civilian craze to own a hmmwv, but they are so impractical for 98% off things the average person uses a vehicle for. Only seats 4, so loud you can't have a conversation without yelling, (maybe the gas engine is a little quieter), no real cargo space, arguebly less aerodynamic than the tesla cyber truck, and impossible to park anywhere in a urban environment that won't impede traffic take up a ton of space.

On that note though, this is a dream thread, I'll take the Flyer 72 over a HMMWV. It checks all the cool boxes, except for oil changes requiring timing belt service at the same time. The full size version actually has a centered driver and two passengers up front.

89FFE969-5943-4CF5-B06B-8C0316B12C98.jpeg