Today I Want This....

J-mobzz

Small backstory. I have a neighbor Lynn Miller, some of you may know of him. He builds some pretty sweet cars in a shop behind his house. He has a Shelby Cobra that lives in a trailer. I've lived here 18 years and seen it twice. First 5 years I lived here he was building a 67 Shelby Mustang. I've seen it a few times. Yesterday I followed him in it for about 4 miles down state street and into our neighborhood. I FREAKING WANT THAT CAR! It is mint. So this morning I looked up what a mint 67 Shelby fastback would run you. $175K is the cheapest one I could find!!!
So you can buy full reproduction bodies now for those apparently, including all the individual pieces. I’ve watched a handful of YouTube videos recently on guys body swapping those on the modern Mustang chassis. Not that it would cost any less to build one from scratch, but it is pretty cool to see.

The_Lobbster

On the topic of mustangs, a guy back in Nebraska local to me built this way back when, in 2013. I remember at the time it was all the rage. To me, it strongly resembles what the new mustangs these days look like. It's a mix of a '68/'69 and a 2011.

46473350.jpg49542626.jpg46473335.jpg46473326.jpg

Last edited:

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Hyundai is the undisputed king of automotive design right now with everything from the stunning Ioniq 5, to the clean crisp Sonata, and the practical but fun Veloster. They released their N Vision 74 concept today. A hydrogen hybrid EV concept designed to give you all the benefits of an EV and the range of liquid fuel all packaged in what is probably the most exciting concept I've seen from any manufacturer in years.

I doubt that this will ever get built, but if they do something even remotely similar, they can take my money.

Hyundai_N_Vision_74_Concept_HFCV_10.jpg

Hyundai_N_Vision_74_Concept_HFCV_15.jpg

Hyundai_N_Vision_74_Concept_HFCV_28.jpg
Well shit, now I need to get $370,000 lined up for one! Please donate to my GoFund Me, I'm a desperate automotive enthusiast in need!

Parts for the Hyundai N Vision 74 Supercar Are Already Being Built: Report

The_Lobbster

Pre-2006 diesel testing consists of checking if it has an engine, making sure you have a gas cap, and making sure you have $39 to give them for the visual only emmissions fee.
I asked my local emissions guy and he told me that anything diesel from 1998-06 gets a visual that ensures any factory emissions parts like a catalytic and EGR are in place. Are other stations more lenient?

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I asked my local emissions guy and he told me that anything diesel from 1998-06 gets a visual that ensures any factory emissions parts like a catalytic and EGR are in place. Are other stations more lenient?
That is what my 06 psd gets. Unless I leave my edge cts monitor plugged in, then they fail me until I prove it's not a tuner.

The_Lobbster

That is what my 06 psd gets. Unless I leave my edge cts monitor plugged in, then they fail me until I prove it's not a tuner.
Good to know. I had asked the local guy I've been taking my stuff to because I was considering a TDI swap in my XL7, but figured if I was going to fail and was impossible to register, there wouldn't be much point to doing the swap, as I'm too lazy to register out of county. I figured, worst case scenario, I could just keep the VW EGR and cat installed with the swap and run it like that.

The_Lobbster

Big block crew cab OBS. 300k miles, supposedly ran when parked, but had an engine tick.

Price is right, roughly scrap price. A few parts have been robbed, but nothing that a couple trips to pull n save can’t remedy. Interior is fairly straight.

Do I buy it, or pass? I’m inclined to think if I get it, an LS repower would be in order. But I also got lots of other irons in the fire. Maybe buy it and if the engine is complete toast, part out? Camper isn’t included unfortunately, not that it’s in great shape anyways.

IMG_3608.jpeg