Tonkamans little Cracka

sixstringsteve

Aren't all 3 coil packs the same? You could buy a new one, and swap each one out until you find it.

You can also check for spark and see which two cylinders aren't producing spark. That'll tell you which one it is.

sixstringsteve

does it have the URD 7th injector, or just the stock injector setup? My friends have had so many issues tuning their 7th injectors.

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
does it have the URD 7th injector, or just the stock injector setup? My friends have had so many issues tuning their 7th injectors.

URD has recently made upgrades to the 7 injector kit. Also the the 7th injector kit is only compatible with non EGR motors.
http://urdusa.com/Fuel-Upgrades-URD...for-TRD-5VZ-FE-Supercharger/product_info.html

They also have a 6th injector kit that is compatible with EGR motors.
http://urdusa.com/Fuel-Upgrades-URD...for-TRD-5VZ-FE-Supercharger/product_info.html

Tonkaman

I've got an FSM on my desktop computer, I can email it to you in the morning.

Thanks that will be helpful even in the future

Aren't all 3 coil packs the same? You could buy a new one, and swap each one out until you find it.

You can also check for spark and see which two cylinders aren't producing spark. That'll tell you which one it is.
They are all the same that's why I think its weird the code signifies "coil A" instead of "coil on cylinder 1". From what I have read most problems have been with the coil on cylinder 1 so that's the one I swapped it out with. I thought about checking for spark but the truck runs good most of the time so its kind of hard to even know if I fixed it. I left the old coil in the truck so that if I break down on the freeway again tomorrow I can swap it to another position and see if it solves the issue. One thing I did notice is the spring inside the coil I replaced was farther down inside than the new one. I wonder if the old spring got compressed and was making poor contact?

He didn't mention doing anything else with the injection system and I doubt that he would since he was just trying to sell it off at the end. I haven't seen anything like whats in those links either.

Tonkaman

I realized today that the wiper motor in this is annoyingly whiny and loud. I found several threads online of other people complaining about the same thing. Seems some replaced them and only half of those stayed quiet for long. Anyone on here deal with this issue?

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
I realized today that the wiper motor in this is annoyingly whiny and loud. I found several threads online of other people complaining about the same thing. Seems some replaced them and only half of those stayed quiet for long. Anyone on here deal with this issue?

WD40 :)

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I've not noticed it on my Tacoma's but that isn't to say it didn't do it... just not bad enough to notice. I did have a noisy fan motor in my 04, pulled it apart and it had a bunch of shredded paper in it from what looked like a pack mouse. Zero traces of an animal or how they got in there but I did camp near Lake Powell for a weekend and recall seeing footprints in the dust on my dash. Thinking he didn't come home with me.

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
I've not noticed it on my Tacoma's but that isn't to say it didn't do it... just not bad enough to notice. I did have a noisy fan motor in my 04, pulled it apart and it had a bunch of shredded paper in it from what looked like a pack mouse. Zero traces of an animal or how they got in there but I did camp near Lake Powell for a weekend and recall seeing footprints in the dust on my dash. Thinking he didn't come home with me.

Low Range sales a replacement for pretty cheap.
http://www.lowrangeoffroad.com/inde...coma-blower-motor-and-fan-tac-ib-bm-9504.html

Tonkaman

I'm planning to buy a winch with my tax returns but have done questions.

I know I can run it with just one battery but us it a bad idea? I'm not one to go cheap in a project but it's a lot of extra cash for two matching batteries and a controller. Would I regret not doing it?

Can someone help me understand the differences between warns Zeon, XD, and Cti series winches. I've read the technical differences about line speed and Amps but how about practical differences like better sealed or pros/cons for each

Caleb

I'm planning to buy a winch with my tax returns but have done questions.

I know I can run it with just one battery but us it a bad idea? I'm not one to go cheap in a project but it's a lot of extra cash for two matching batteries and a controller. Would I regret not doing it?

Can someone help me understand the differences between warns Zeon, XD, and Cti series winches. I've read the technical differences about line speed and Amps but how about practical differences like better sealed or pros/cons for each

The bad idea about a single battery is if you are winching yourself out of a situation, maybe something that you can't run your engine (flopped on your side, etc) and you kill your single battery getting out. Yay, you're out but you can't start back up and get going due to being dead. Also, you don't need to have matching batteries, just get a new one that will be used for the winch. Make sure to wire it up so that it's isolated from the primary battery so if you do drain it, you won't drain both.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
When I was winch shopping, I called Warn to get their take on what would be best for me. I ended up with the Zeon because it is sealed like the highest end winches they have, but at the mid level price. It is wide, but I was able to get it to fit. It is a great winch from everything I read about it. I haven't used it yet, but I am sure it will do all I need it to.

Tonkaman

Thanks for the links they are a great read.
Caleb you bring up a great point. This truck will mainly be used by me and the girls on solo trips to the great unknown so I suppose redundancy is the best idea. I'm just not sure if I can afford the extra cash for a controller and battery at the same time.

The Zeon winch was the one I was really interested in. The top performance winches always say they are sealed better and higher end parts but just didn't know if it was worth the jump since line speed doesn't matter to me