Tow Rig Talk... Dodge Cummins - More power?

sukaB

Banned
James K said:
this is the most important. DO THIS FIRST. :D

I have like $300 carbon Fiber two of a kind Auto Meter Boost gauge I havent installed because I have never done one...
Anyone put one in before?
I have no hardware just the gauge, what do I need.

James K

NO, I'm always like this
sukaB said:
I have like $300 carbon Fiber two of a kind Auto Meter Boost gauge I havent installed because I have never done one...

They are easy to do.

you need the little nylon tube and fittings that should of come with the gauge.

if you can do a mechincal oil pressure guage you can do a boost guage :D

sukaB

Banned
James K said:
They are easy to do.

you need the little nylon tube and fittings that should of come with the gauge.

if you can do a mechincal oil pressure guage you can do a boost guage :D

My buddy gave me the gauge and didnt give me any fittings so where does it read Boost straight from the turbo housing..! Drill into or attach off of the t-fitting?
**** I would like to get that on and mounted up...

James K

NO, I'm always like this
sukaB said:
My buddy gave me the gauge and didnt give me any fittings so where does it read Boost straight from the turbo housing..! Drill into or attach off of the t-fitting?
**** I would like to get that on and mounted up...

I'm not sure where to get the stuff locally.

The boost guage can be installed in a plug that is in the head just behind the fuel filter(easiest) or you can drill and tap the intake horn.

The EGT guage goes in the turbo down tube.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Alright. I'm digging the good info in here. I appreciate it!

By the way, the fasted I've hit moab was just a few minutes over an hour. :p :rofl:

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Brett said:
Forgot this part.....If I am following Cody, it would take about 5 hours.....he's worse than a girl......hopefully, now, with his Dodge, it'll be back down to 3 hours :D

ohh is that how it is bitch! I'll have you recall that my little ZJ outtowed that diesel suburban. I could do it in barely undrr 4 with a tail wind and a fire up my ass.

Cody

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Cody said:
ohh is that how it is bitch! I'll have you recall that my little ZJ outtowed that diesel suburban. I could do it in barely undrr 4 with a tail wind and a fire up my ass.

Cody

ahhhh, but that sub wasn't mine and I wasn't drivin'! heheheh
:D

B-RAD

Wide Open dose'nt do boats the place used to be Bear marine. they went out of business and Wide open moved in.
I guess the pee thing must be the problem
I got a ticket in search light nevada, pulling my 25' boat for doing 97 mph.
Cummins rocks :D
I have a real problem with speed. avg. speed on my gps from moab towing my Jeep was 78 mph
Moab to Sandy 3hrs stopped at walkers in wellington pee and soda

bigtex

HOWDY
James K said:
I know from my on experience. I added the cat back 4" kit first made a difference with EGT's and also freed up things and then when I added the front half of the full 4 inch exhaust that my EGT's dropped another 50 degrees. It also made the turbo spool up faster.

Try going to the ATS web site or thier place in murray. Also try HOG performance also located in murray.

As far as difference in 12/24 exhaust system. I don't believe there is because the exhaust I bought for my 2000 was for 94-2001 when I bought it.[/QUOTE

Has any one here had a Ats diesel automatic tranny. If they'll do what they claim, they are impressive. I am thinking of getting one along with there triple loc torque converter. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Brett said:
Suka please 2hrs and 45 min from moab to your house I live off 114th south I saw you in Moab and you did'nt pass me. 3hrs moab to Sandy

I've done it in 2 hr 30 min before........it's possible, trust me

Ok, for you sub-3hour Moab-to-Sandy guys...how fast are you going on the other stretches to make up for the part between Soldier's Summit and Wellington (steep/curves/cops).

It's no TD, but my gasser can pull Soldier's at 65, and go lots faster in the other spots, but HP isn't my limiting factor...traffic/safety/cops are.

Just curious, Sandy to Moab is about 220 miles, and assuming 65 mph in that 65 mile stretch, thats 160 miles you gotta do in 1.5 hours, which is over 100 mph. Even doing the whole thing in 2.5 hours is 88mph, 2.75 hours is 80mph.

So anyway, how fast are you going on the other stretches, and where, if anywhere, do you slow down?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
sukaB said:

You need the fitting kit... I may have an extra here, if not I can get one quick.

They are cake to install... :D

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Maverick said:
Just curious, Sandy to Moab is about 220 miles, and assuming 65 mph in that 65 mile stretch, thats 160 miles you gotta do in 1.5 hours, which is over 100 mph. Even doing the whole thing in 2.5 hours is 88mph, 2.75 hours is 80mph.

So anyway, how fast are you going on the other stretches, and where, if anywhere, do you slow down?

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! I was just going to post the same thing!! SUKA I'm calling your bull****!!!! Actually, the enginerd Nuber already did!! to do it in 2.5 hours from Sandy you'd have to average 92 mph all the way there, which is impossible while towing!! There are too many stretches where you can't go that fast/curves hills/cops/ now I'm just repeating Nuber time the shuddup......

EZ

Caleb

B-RAD said:
Wide Open dose'nt do boats the place used to be Bear marine. they went out of business and Wide open moved in.
I guess the pee thing must be the problem
I got a ticket in search light nevada, pulling my 25' boat for doing 97 mph.
Cummins rocks :D
I have a real problem with speed. avg. speed on my gps from moab towing my Jeep was 78 mph
Moab to Sandy 3hrs stopped at walkers in wellington pee and soda

that makes sense...I was wondering cause they always had boats out fornt and never any trucks...and I was thinking it was called something marine...

sukaB

Banned
On that note KNUBER can eat a .....

All I can say to prove it is lets TOW....
BIZZZZZZZlllllleeeeee
Your computer **** aint what my skinny pedal can add up..
I"ve done Moab in 2:45 if youd like a ride you must suck or pay gas BITCH..
Green river to wellington in 5:30 turkey traffic passing was 31minutes...
I have two dudes that back it so recalculate web wheeler FORD dude!!!
Radio's help but you know all right. :suka:

You think My truck got the name Grey ghost cause I gave it....****....

Last edited:

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
All I can say is Suka has scared the hell out of me. I have seen the speedo barried for long periods of time with the jeep in tow.

I was just over 3 hrs driving home this time too. Only buried the speedo a couple times....need a down pipe to cool the egts....

Marc