Trip Report: Utah Backcountry Discovery Route October 17-22

DAA

P.S... My son and I made that drive through the Blue Mountains yesterday, didn't see a single person or vehicle the whole way down from the top of Elk Ridge until we got almost to Monticello!

- DAA

sixstringsteve

P.S... My son and I made that drive through the Blue Mountains yesterday, didn't see a single person or vehicle the whole way down from the top of Elk Ridge until we got almost to Monticello!

That was by far my favorite part of the trip. That view to those tan rocky hills between the blues and blanding are just stunning.

sixstringsteve

Note his wife's first name, "Kirsten".

Well, all this time, I've thought the first name in the inscription pictured below was simply someone named "Christen" who forgot the "i" when inscribing his own name.

IMG_6197.jpg

Now, I'm wondering if it may have been Kirsten, just spelled differently - "Chrsten". Or more likely, miss-spelled. Note, the last name is spelled differently too, it's what makes me think it is just a miss-spelling. I've seen lots of historic inscriptions where old time pioneers or outlaws have miss-spelled their own names. Heck, just look at the "Mat" Warner inscription in this trip report for an example. I took that picture near Robbers Roost spring, which isn't all that far from Bluff and the wall it is inscribed on is covered with old pioneer names from the greater surrounding area. Anyway, interesting possibility.

You have to take me here.

sixstringsteve

very nice, thanks!

I've got 3 or 4 more that are panoramas. Did you touch it up in photoshop as well? It looks really cool, and my pictures didn't look that good.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
When you stitch them together, the borders get all ragged and twisted. I used content aware fill to fill it in then a little sharpening.
Here is the raw output of the Photomerge run

Attachments

• Raw_pano1.jpg
    Raw_pano1.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 35

Medsker

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Just for clarification and so others don't make the same mistake, the rocks that got smashed into my bead of my tire is what happens when you are drifting around all the corners and your truck gets away from you and you slam into the mountain :D

It was definitely one of the best trips I've done in a long while. I appreciate the invite and you letting me hang out with all you Toyota guys. Your logistics were nothing short of amazing and I look forward to many future trips. I think the only thing that would have made it better was if my wife were along. Both because I love having my wife along but also so I don't have to repeat the 2700 mile trip I took (about $1200 in gas alone :eek:)

RogueJeepr

Here!
That is one heck of a trip . Good stuff .

Too bad about the wannabe ranger. Id call him out for his I.D. . But thats just me .

sixstringsteve

I just finished editing the video from day 1. The rest of the days should go faster now that I have the intro and stuff figured out. That was by far my longest edit. Expect it to be available Mmonday morning.

sixstringsteve

Thanks Kyle. i haven't even started any of the others, but I'll get 'em done eventually. I'm just glad somebody watches them. :)

Last edited: