South-East Utah Trying to decide what trails to choose for winter on the rocks

desertrat

I'll be leading the Maze on Sat. Easily done without body damage as long as you pay attention & stay off of the optional obstacles

Last edited:

ricsrx

Rick what day you going down??????????

As for the trails, Any trail sown there can be made easy or hard IMO
What ever trails you run one thing is a given you will have blast sand hollow is great fun with the locals that are great people .

I will be going down Thursday night, I have done milts and johns trial with thier hard obsticals, I know i am being vague when asking about the harder trails because i do not know all the trails.

What i should be asking, who is doing nasty half or chain reaction on Friday that could help Hunter and I on the trail.. I am used to being there with my truck for support and now i will be relying on every one on the trail to help us get thru it. me for a ride and Huner if he needs help on the obsticals.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Is there a list of what trails are planned for what days? How many people are allowed on each trail run and who is already signed up? Etc etc etc

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
Is there a list of what trails are planned for what days? How many people are allowed on each trail run and who is already signed up? Etc etc etc

You sign up for the trail you want to run in the morning at the fairgrounds on the day of the ride.
www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?100946-Winter-On-the-Rocks-2014-(Jan-24th-25th)-information-and-roll-call

as for a list if trail that really depends on what the event has planned and what the trail leaders are singed up to lead... Last year there was a list in the website so check there first. I would say though, that all trails in that park provide ample fun so try to run as many of them as you can!!! After your first ride if the day, try to meet other people that can take ya on a tour of an additional trail.

N-Smooth

I've done West rim, the maze, john's, Milt's, Sliplock, Smurfette's, double Sammy and nasty half. I'd really like to do chain reaction and plan b

Edit: I also have GPX files of all of the above besides double Sammy and plan b if anyone wants me to email them. I use the motion x gps app on my iphone and I've really enjoyed it. People that have never been down there before have no idea how confusing the trails can be. Having someone show you the way is seriously priceless

Last edited:

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
I've done West rim, the maze, john's, Milt's, Sliplock, Smurfette's, double Sammy and nasty half. I'd really like to do chain reaction and plan b

Edit: I also have GPX files of all of the above besides double Sammy and plan b if anyone wants me to email them. I use the motion x gps app on my iphone and I've really enjoyed it. People that have never been down there before have no idea how confusing the trails can be. Having someone show you the way is seriously priceless

Very nice, Id like the files please... send them to Connon.ryan@gmail.com
Thanks
you can always post them up here as well:
http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?92083-St-George-UT-Sand-Hollow-Riding-Area

N-Smooth

I'll send them over to you and you can add them to your thread if you want. It will likely make me attach them all separately so be prepared for several emails ;)

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Hey Nate. I took this from the Utah4x4 site. These are the trails and the trail leaders they are planning thus far. There may be some others added but I am not sure on that. Chain Reaction is going to be one of the Buggy Trails so that is why it is not on this list. Like already Mentioned you sign up for the trail you want to run the morning of the event. Ran Plan B again today and had a blast. I wouldn't run it with less than 33s and one locker. We did have a rig on 32s and one locker and he did pretty well with constant spotting but he was in a cherokee. Every body knows Cherokees are awesome so probably why he did so well.

FRIDAY

WEST RIM------KURT D.

MILTS MILE----MILT

SLIP LOCK------?

JOHNS TRAIL----STEVE M.

MAZE---------KEVIN B.

DOUBLE SAMMY----ERIC B.

FAULT LINE-----RANDY

PLAN B---------JEFF

HONEYMOON------DON B.

BABYLON-------STACY

SATURDAY

WEST RIM------MIKE S.

MILTS MILE-----BILL C.

SLIP LOCK-----MILT

JOHNS TRAIL ----RANDY

MAZE---------ERIC B.

DOUBLE SAMMY----KURT D.

PLAN B-------KEVIN B

EAST RIM----DON B.

BABYLON ------STACY

If I have missed anyone or you can help as a mid or tail gunner please let me know
we still need a trail leader for slip lock on friday
thanks to everyone that has volunteered to help
if you have volunteered as a trail leader for a buggy trail you were not forgotten and your trails will be determined at the fairgrounds the day of the event

N-Smooth

Oh nice. Since utah4x4 requires signing up to see anything I didn't know that even existed.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Anyone running Plan B on Friday should have a good day. Jeff is a great trail lead, maybe I'll run it with him if I can actually make it.

PM sent regarding GPS file

N-Smooth

I'm not sure if I'm even going still... Two of my buddies that said they would go are slowly but surely bailing on me

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
for a free bump. i am also trying to pick a trail for Hunter this year, I want to put him on a harder trail but i would not be able to follow in my truck due to body damage, so i would be looking for a ride between obsticals.
any one going harder trails that would have a spare seat?

Rick, I will down there with my wife and my boys. We have 5 people and 8 seat belts. I will be watching my wife pretty close too. Hence tail gunning.

Hunter is a good guy Happy to help you if we can.

Pkrfctr and I will be on slip lock on Friday.

N-Smooth

Crap, it looks like I'm going. My bro-in-law just booked a flight! Now I need to figure our what I need to get done before then...eeeek!