Utah Legislature passes historic lands bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
...Arizona had those cameras that would take pictures of people breaking the law and send them tickets in the mail with a picture of them caught in the act. Well... The majority of the people that got the tickets never payed them. In fact they got rid of the whole camera system because they could not afford to maintain them because no one was paying the tickets! Lol!
Photo cop? Um, yeah. They still have that.

I am curious as to why you think you have a "Devine right to travel".... Are you God of something other than poor spelling and bad grammar?

Wicked Monkey

Banned
Photo cop? Um, yeah. They still have that.

I am curious as to why you think you have a "Devine right to travel".... Are you God of something other than poor spelling and bad grammar?

No they got rid of the "Photo Cop" in a lot of areas in AZ because no one was paying the tickets because its a scam and a violation of peoples rights and privacy. And since there's not enough revenue coming in for Victimless crimes, they had to shut down the systems.

I am not god. I am an American Man with unalienable rights granted by god:)

So you have nothing intelligent to say... Thats why you insult my grammar and spelling? Lol! Wack!

Last edited:

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Well, he could have insulted your education, would that have worked better for you? Go look up "adverse possession", and then please explain what the heck that's got to do with either the Geneva Convention or your "devine" right to travel on a piece of property you neither own nor occupy.

I don't care what sort of deal you think you've got with God, if you're wheeling where it's prohibited, you're part of the problem. Please stop.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Explain how it is a problem?

It is a problem because driving off the designated trail is probably the number one thing that gets the environmentalists ammo for shutting down our trails. Then it becomes a problem for everyone who wants to use that trail but who also obey the law of the land in the first place.

By obeying the laws we can help prove that we can be responsible stewards therby possibly opening up more avenues for our fight. Instead you admit you don't care about that and are part of the problem not the solution.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Explain how it is a problem?

I really hope you are joking with this comment.

If you are not it is either showing your ignorance or arrogance

Because for all of us, who are trying desperately to keep our sport alive by working with the powers to be to show we can be an organized, educated, and a responsible body of people, really hate it whenever we present our case to the "big brothers" out there and they point to idiots through the power of talk radio and the internet that feel like that they have the divine right to do whatever the hell they feel like.

For example: "wheeling where it's prohibited"

It is these morons who for some reason feel like the rules don't apply to them that empower and validate the tree huggers out there who say we are a bunch of lawless inbreds who can't read a sign, follow a rule, or think of someone besides themselves. And because on the shallowness of the gene pool, we need to be further regulated because we can't do it ourselves.

Which leads to more things/land being closed instead of opened.

I hope this illustrates how your joking, or serious, rants about God given divine rights is part of the problem of creating more land closures.

Wicked Monkey

Banned
I really hope you are joking with this comment.

If you are not it is either showing your ignorance or arrogance

Because for all of us, who are trying desperately to keep our sport alive by working with the powers to be to show we can be an organized, educated, and a responsible body of people, really hate it whenever we present our case to the "big brothers" out there and they point to idiots through the power of talk radio and the internet that feel like that they have the divine right to do whatever the hell they feel like.

It is these morons who for some reason feel like the rules don't apply to them that empower and validate the tree huggers out there who say we are a bunch of lawless inbreds who can't read a sign, follow a rule, or think of someone besides themselves. And because on the shallowness of the gene pool, we need to be further regulated because we can't do it ourselves.

I hope this illustrates how your joking, or serious, rants about God given divine rights is part of the problem of creating more land closures.

Great feedback! But... Still no explanation of why it is a problem to travel on closed public land when the trail is still useable? Also have you not read the case law i have posted? The law is clear!

Bennett v. Boggs, 1 Baldw 60,

"Statutes that violate the plain and obvious principles of common right and common reason are null and void."

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Just because you have this "divine" right to travel doesn't mean you have the right to break the law. You are still provided with this "divine" right with all the open highways available for your travels.

sixstringsteve

...for all of us, who are trying desperately to keep our sport alive by working with the powers to be to show we can be an organized, educated, and a responsible body of people, really hate it whenever we present our case to the "big brothers" out there and they point to idiots through the power of talk radio and the internet that feel like that they have the divine right to do whatever the hell they feel like.

X2, well said!

Monkey, we'll be the first to defend that public lands should be for the use of the public. But ignoring signage, road blocks, closed trails, etc is not helping the cause. Most of the time, these signs/road blocks are NOT on public land, but people assume it is public land and do whatever they want. This behavior puts our few remaining trails in even more jeopardy. I appreciate your passion for keeping public lands public, but one bad apple ignoring signs puts a bad name on all 4x4'ers and we all suffer from the careless actions of a select few. It's frustrating for those of us who work with land managers to recreate responsibly on the few trails we have left. One person can easily undo years of progress with landowners.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
God doesn't write or enforce the laws of the United States. You can beleive all you want that he/she/it/whatever influences the people who do, but the facts on the ground is that man governs man and its the laws of men that we must abide by in this country. If you start spouting off that since god gave you a special right, you're a fanatic in the same vein as people who walk into crowded bazaars in the Middle East and blow themeselves up in the name of god. It does no one any good and just sews seeds to discent between people. Playing the religious card in a secular debate is a dangerous thing to do.

Wicked Monkey

Banned
Example:
A group of rich folks got tired of seeing Semi Trucks driving on hwy 191 in Montana (Eye sore, noise). South of Belgrade. So the rich folks hired a road construction group to make minor repairs on the hwy. Taking many many years to complete these minor repairs... Closing off the hwy 191 from semi trucks except local vehicles. Do you think this stopped the truckers from taking that hwy 191? Sure didnt! Lol! Law suits were filed and cases were dismissed. Just because the road is closed... Doesnt mean you cant take it. If you get caught...
You either pay a fine or fight it in court.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Chris your logic only applies to people willing to break the law. I would rather obey the law and help prove I can be a good steward instead of fueling the fire for the other side.

Wicked Monkey

Banned
One person can easily undo years of progress with landowners.

Don't confuse yourself with Public and private land. I'm talking about public land! Not private. Yes if farmer John doesn't want people driving in his fields then that's his right! And one must ask for permission to go on private land if posted. That is a no brainer!

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Great feedback! But... Still no explanation of why it is a problem to travel on closed public land when the trail is still useable? Also have you not read the case law i have posted? The law is clear!

Bennett v. Boggs, 1 Baldw 60,

"Statutes that violate the plain and obvious principles of common right and common reason are null and void."

Please reread my post. Maybe a little slower.

Then again if you are ready to prove your point of proving that,

Let’s set up a time to put your theory to work, we can get some video you, your blazer, and whatever friends that would like to join you in your cause of violating said statutes of illegal off road travel.
We will then turn the video to the before mentioned “big brothers” out there and let them take you to trial and see if you case law argument is worth anything.

For that matter we will simply invite the authorities to attend the event, to speed up your opportunity to “prove big brother wrong.”

But in the meantime until you are ready to prove your point in more than words, which words will be printed by the environmentalists, given to the agencies that are in charge of regulating the use of public lands as proof of our direct intention to ignore the laws, and then use it as a club to beat us with. PLEASE STOP POSTING SUCH BULLSH!T AND THEREFORE PROVIDING AMMUNITION TO THE OTHER SIDE.

Let me know if you need a definition of “other side.”

Last edited:

Wicked Monkey

Banned
Chris your logic only applies to people willing to break the law. *I would rather obey the law and help prove I can be a good steward instead of fueling the fire for the other side.

There's 2 ways to fight bad laws...

1. Beg big brother. (Letters, protests)
2. Civil Disobedience. (Fight it in the courts)

I'm not much of a begger...*

Wicked Monkey: You're a douche. *Stay on the trail you idiot

Who said anything about going off the trail? I always stay on the trail if it's in existence:)

Status
Not open for further replies.