What are you listening to?

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
That "The Used" song takes me back. I didn't start listening to them until after my mission and I was super depressed. I was working at target at night, stocking shelves, and would have this album blasting on headphones all shift long. I'm fairly certain the band had the most influence on my hearing loss. That was a really tough time in my life, I was cutting, and I felt like a complete failure. Anyway, when hear any song from that album I think of working graves at target and I can smell the laundry detergent because for some reason l seemed to always be working in that area.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
One of my favorite songs... not sure how I felt about a cover AND Post Malone... but, DAMN. That's amazing...

I knew four things about Post Malone, mostly against my will. I knew he lived in Utah, I knew he had funny tattoos, I knew he did a kinda funny episode of Hot Ones, and that he had some weird collaboration with a chicken strip chain.

Now I also know that he did a mostly-not-bad cover of Rooster. So make that five things.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins

You knew it was coming.

My reaction? Meh. Its fine.
That said, I'm only a mediocre Beatles fan anyway. It certainly is interesting how the song was made, though. Very in line with the Beatles tradition of using the latest and greatest in recording technology. So I guess there's that?

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.

You knew it was coming.

My reaction? Meh. Its fine.
That said, I'm only a mediocre Beatles fan anyway. It certainly is interesting how the song was made, though. Very in line with the Beatles tradition of using the latest and greatest in recording technology. So I guess there's that?

Listen to ANY other Beatles song from any album at any point in their career, no matter what musical experiment they had going you could always hear The Beatles, know immediately who you were listening to. This doesn't have that. I mean, it's not bad, but it's not the Beatles. If I'd heard that without knowing what it was supposed to be I'd assume it was something Lennon had released solo, because his voice is there, but the rest is missing. That's clearly not them.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins

'nuff said
This is like being excited that Smiths sells more store brand tissues than Kleenex brand. Almost as good, but you just know its a cheaper, derivative version of more quality products.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
This is like being excited that Smiths sells more store brand tissues than Kleenex brand. Almost as good, but you just know its a cheaper, derivative version of more quality products.
Nah it just means that she's the most popular artist right meow. She also got Apple's artist of the year. I'm not saying you guys need to (gain good taste in music) and start listening to her but facts are facts. To each their own.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Nah it just means that she's the most popular artist right meow. She also got Apple's artist of the year. I'm not saying you guys need to (gain good taste in music) and start listening to her but facts are facts. To each their own.
As you say, to each their own. But every time I hear Taylor Swift I just hear a Kroger brand version of Lana Del Rey (whom she lists as one of her inspirations). And she trumps Swift in, um, visual appeal as well. ;)