General Tech What did you work on Today?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I was just going to reply to your original cart post. I was gonna say expanded as it doesn't collect grinding dust. Looks good sir

I agree, ended up wanting to just get it finished so I used some 1/8" that I already have. Overkill but hey it's done. :D Thank you!

Makes me wonder why more carts aren't made from bent tube. Seems to fit the use better. Round tanks, rounded handle. Looks great!

Thank you! I will say, this was another project that I was asking myself why I just didn't buy one about half way through. More work than it's worth, but at least it should last forever.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
It has been kind of a whirlwind weekend. Left Thursday around 4 pm for Tonapah to do pit support for some good friends who were racing V2R. Did pit 5,8,10,13 for this bad ass group of women that battled back and forth with last year's winner only to come up a little short. Not going to complain about a hard fought second place.

Wkvu.jpg

1400 miles over 48 hours....I was wiped out Saturday. I regrouped for today and got the end blocking, last bit of rebar and bracing in place today. A little bit of skid steer work then braces and I will be ready to fill my Lego blocks.
Wq0X.jpg

WMCC.jpg

WiuD.jpg

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I ordered a new Tom Woods driveshaft today for my land cruiser. They said they'd have it done tomorrow, and when I said I was heading out on a trip, they said they'd try to have it done by noon! Im excited to get it installed, and stoked at their customer service!

I had the tires balanced today and that smoothed the ride quite a but. Tonight I pulled my old shaft out. No pics, but hopefully it'll solve my vibration issues and I'll know for sure tomorrow when I drive it.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I spent a good part of the day fixing my daughters XJ that was overheating and puking antifreeze. The system needed a flush, new antifreeze, a new radiator cap (the old one wasn't holding any pressure), and a different electric fan. It seems much better now. Now I have to figure out an exhaust leak around the manifold area.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
This was last Thursday, but after ordering my driveshaft on Wednesday late-afternoon I got the call Thursday morning it was ready. I left for my trip to Wyoming and detoured up to Ogden to get it.

After paying for it, I installed it in Tom Wood's parking lot. I was amazed at how fast they got it done. Great customer service! If I ever need another driveshaft, it'll be a Tom Wood's!

SO awesome to drive without front diveline vibes!

20200820_131126.jpg

20200820_131140.jpg

20200820_132155.jpg

20200820_140357.jpg