General Tech What did you work on Today?

Bart

Wow, lots of work and it all looks great. Sounds like a fun project and for a great cause. Best of luck down there.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
That looks really good Dave. Seems like the guts are behind/above the glove box? I'm thinking about moving the guts of my radio and putting back in my cd changer. Can't make up my mind though.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
That looks really good Dave. Seems like the guts are behind/above the glove box? I'm thinking about moving the guts of my radio and putting back in my cd changer. Can't make up my mind though.

Yea, I took out my CD Changer and put the guts of the radio there. It is a convenient, out of the way spot to mount the radio where I can run all the wires behind trim pieces. The speaker leaves a lot to be desired, but I will figure that out later, as I can hear fine at low speed. High speed may be another story, I haven't had a chance to test it out yet. Maybe tonight I will see if anyone wants to test the setup.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I have trouble hearing my speaker as well where the guts are in the center console. I bought a ham/cb speaker and thought it didn't work so I bought a second. They both work but just don't play the same volume from a phone. I'm pretty sure I have the second one still on my desk in the basement but would need to check. I leave the speaker in the center console and then stick it in the cup holder when I've got the radio on. I couldn't decide where to mount it and didn't want screw holes in something that I'd regret later.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I have trouble hearing my speaker as well where the guts are in the center console. I bought a ham/cb speaker and thought it didn't work so I bought a second. They both work but just don't play the same volume from a phone. I'm pretty sure I have the second one still on my desk in the basement but would need to check. I leave the speaker in the center console and then stick it in the cup holder when I've got the radio on. I couldn't decide where to mount it and didn't want screw holes in something that I'd regret later.

Yea, I haven't decided where to mount an external speaker, and I get the not wanting extra holes somewhere visible. I need to reevaluate my mounting process for my control unit, as the hot glue didn't hold and it fell. Some small screws are next on the list for that, but the holes would be covered by the sunglass holder if I reinstalled it.

I may have to move the control unit anyway though; in my limited testing, it has failed to lock onto a GPS signal. I may be blocked being so close to the metal roof. I will have to play with it some more this week to determine if it is the best location for it.

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
It was time to put new tires on the wife’s Acura TL before winter. I had ordered them from my local shop on Monday and they showed up Wednesday but couldn’t get the car from my wife until Saturday for the tire swap. I had taken it for a drive Friday night when we went to dinner as I wanted a comparison and hadn't driven her car for about a month. While driving it I detected a slight pulse in the brake pedal so while it was on the lift I decided to have the rotors turned and it was also within a few hundred miles of an oil change so I went ahead and knocked all of those items off the list at once.
ce87f9ab5e6e53d6517d0b4ee3491630.jpg

We definitely got ALL of the life out of the original Michelin’s that were on the car when we bought it. These were right at 2/32” and had 66k miles on them.
d25632d7ba09fd735427da02b1d00f5e.jpg

Pulled the rotors and drained the oil.
07856706445f9530618c6e02bb00d7d7.jpg

Measured them and they have plenty of meat to be turned.
2cbd809cd6c394ac3285380cefb3184e.jpg

Rotors turned and reinstalled along with brakes and ready for tires/wheels to be installed.
d2a0c3f36363712e223bb57a6b8ac6ea.jpg

New Toyo Versado Noir sport/touring tire has a nice looking all-season tread design.
3a70f6b0b2f828081c3155c8b9ae472f.jpg

She should be ready to go again for a while so I can continue helping my son on his new Grand Cherokee project.

Mike

RogueJeepr

Here!
It's alive !!!
Swapped the gaskets and lower guts over to the original carburetor.
It fires up immediately, holds rpm--wise and goes full throttle without stumble. Fun little scooter.
Awesome. Now onto the next project.
4a4ac40259c628831e3b85e51c184db7.jpg

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
Completed the last piece of the puzzle getting the new shop setup today. Organized my small parts and misc items into the divided drawers.

Label maker got a workout today.
c7a10facbe1943e07011d0594ebeaedb.jpg

Completed.
2f2253c943a925d89f36b4bc3a90d41f.jpg

A few of the drawers.
63cd5f76e72867fce89ad69e36c1d993.jpg

ea68cb8a3d1fe846a04b9833bc478ba5.jpg

6cbd9642f6b38a841554e946e9fcc210.jpg

dad62d89dc221e38e0fc10992620e1d3.jpg

5c07795f2adba2cdd3ddc21ee0e21fc7.jpg

99d55a9fc11ef5017160e131b848a577.jpg

Now I can feel comfortable enough with the setup that I can start on actual projects.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk