General Tech What did you work on Today?

J-mobzz

Good thinking... I ran limiting straps on my JKU with long arms, the straps were needed so I didn't over extended my shocks.

The Falcons actually have a negative spring inside them, when approaching fully extended the spring slows down the piston/shaft speed so there's not a big hit.

I don't think the 2.1's are adjustable, without cracking them open.
I had a pair of Radflo shocks that had that spring inside them once too. I’m guessing that’s likely not the clunking issue then.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
My Fox shocks were doing this as well. After much trouble shooting and ruling everything else out as you have done, I decided to rebuild the shocks. Upon disassembly I discovered one shock had lost its nitrogen charge. Without that charge it allowed the gas piston to bang against the stop with even the slightest compressions. I rebuilt the shocks and recharged the gas. Problem solved. Rebuild kits and new oil cost me about $60 for the pair.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
My Fox shocks were doing this as well. After much trouble shooting and ruling everything else out as you have done, I decided to rebuild the shocks. Upon disassembly I discovered one shock had lost its nitrogen charge. Without that charge it allowed the gas piston to bang against the stop with even the slightest compressions. I rebuilt the shocks and recharged the gas. Problem solved. Rebuild kits and new oil cost me about $60 for the pair.

Yea if the nitrogen charge is gone you should be able to feel the difference while manually compressing the shock. I'm gonna place my bet on this

Reactions: DAA

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I see you're using a spring loaded tap guide. I've had my eye on one and am wondering if they are a worth while addition?

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
I see you're using a spring loaded tap guide. I've had my eye on one and am wondering if they are a worth while addition?

Absolutely worth it. Makes for a nice straight tap start. Sadly some taps dont have a centering hole so be aware of that. When thats the case i will power tap it always at least as far as my chuck can hold a tap then follow it out with a wrench.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Well, it was pretty relaxing to just lay this all out. It may be odd, but I enjoy being able to spend some time to make sure the details of a job come together as well as possible.
I hear you on wanting the job to come out as nicely as possible, and I'd probably do the same thing you did. But I don't imagine it'd be something I'd enjoy. Do you have pics of the finished product?

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
Last night I was able to spend some quality time in the shop with my son which was very therapeutic after the past couple of weeks.

We finished up the installation of his new bumper on his WJ as well as installed the winch and lights and wired them up and finally installed the synthetic rope on the Warn Zeon 10S winch.

Front end blacked out and mounting brackets installed.
38762e03487cd8829a15a643b4cf89c6.jpg

Center box installed.
ecbf6e1f4049c35cfe62219c6577d23c.jpg

Left wing installed.
3d01b8eb24ca9cb6fed38e5496fbdb32.jpg

KC 4” LED’s installed and wired in.
e02b995eb4cb817043eaed574c6ed2ef.jpg

Winch installed.
de4df998162d8ffd6d4b868ea9464b76.jpg

Winch wired up, Hawse fairlead installed and lower valance installed. Ready to spool in the synthetic rope.
4c28c8beeb4f664eefc44de06e652df0.jpg

fecaac91043d65ac85e11d8ad7aec079.jpg

Done. Factor 55 Prolink installed.
8dc24419e0479b2e2a55463b82821c92.jpg

019beeb1c75d30f2066c371ed93e1efb.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Mike