What do I get for the next bike?

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
If buying used Id go pre 2014 300xc of your choices you listed... just such a well tested and proven bike. and if you buy used the 2 stroke is cheaper to rebuild if its more worn than you expected.

If new, Id be torn between the new beta, husky, or KTM all 300 2 strokes.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
My advice.......and it is not worth a whole lot. I would steer away from the Beta. If you were buying new and were trying to decide between any of the bikes listed, both the KTM & Beta are going to need suspension work. I have seen less people that like the stock Beta suspension than the KTM for the purpose you have of recreation and racing. The Husky is essentially a KTM but it seems they are using the XC-W valving.

Cascadia

Undecided
Or my bike is $3000 less plus has a crap load of aftermarket stuff already and the suspension is a whole lot better than the 14-15's. All it needs is a $160 top end and it's good for 200 more hours. It actually still has tons of compression. I'm just thinking its time at 150 hours.

Last edited:

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I rode a 14 FE350 today. It wasn't soft like a xc-w. Felt fast. A little cold blooded to start, but it hadn't been started for months. I'm told an fmf will fix that by Lance. His 350xc was a super fast starter. The gear spacing felt great too.

I need to ride a 300 to make up my mind.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member

2015 Husqvarna TE300.
Scott's Steering Stabilizer, Enduro Engineering disc guard, FMF Turbine Core 2 silencer, Cycra hand guards.

I'm a happy guy!

Do I need a pipe guard? If so which one?

Last edited:

Caleb

Congrats! That's a sweet bike. I would strongly advise a pipe guard. I really like the P3 pipe guards, they are almost always on back order but are high quality and worth the wait. Through my RMATV account, I can get it for around $129+shipping, they are on backorder too though.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Congrats! That's a sweet bike. I would strongly advise a pipe guard. I really like the P3 pipe guards, they are almost always on back order but are high quality and worth the wait. Through my RMATV account, I can get it for around $129+shipping, they are on backorder too though.

^^^This. I have run the Enduro Engineering and P3 and the P3 is worth the extra money.