What do I get for the next bike?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Good for you Stratton, that's a massive step up! It'll be fun to see how the 2 stroke treats you and how well you end up liking it.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Well it looks like I can't get the P3 soon enough for my liking. Do I go with the Enduro Engineering or the factory Husqvarna carbon guard?
I don't plan on changing the pipe anytime soon. Seems like most riders are happy with the stock pipe and according to part numbers: I think it's made by FMF.

Last edited:

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I went down to St. George on a guys trip Sunday night through Tuesday.
Got used to the bike a bit. The suspension was a bit soft up front and I still need to tune that, but it's pretty great so far. The front end feels super light in the whoops which I love.
Powerband will take some getting used to, but it was awesome.

Monday morning we started at Washington Dam rd. and rode into Sand Hollow and swam at the lake, and ran back to the truck. One bike (Tyson's CR250) ran out of gas, luckily this Husky of mine has a 2.9gal tank so we got him back no problem.

A quick stop at Rocky Mountain ATV/MC to get a lever for Kevin and an Enduro Engineering carbon fiber pipe guard for me.

Took a nap back at the house in the heat of the day and back to the lake for some freediving,we tried to find the sunken airplane and bus, found a toilet at about 20ft. and the bus but it was too deep to get to without fins.

Then we did some skimming.

Tuesday we rode Warner Valley and some big washes.
Both days we had to quit before noon because of the heat. Unbearable. 107*F at 10:30am

Got home and noticed this near catastrophic trailer tire fail.

Overall impressions:
FAST, quicker than Kevin's CRF 450r, but it delivers power so differently. I was happier with the green power valve spring turned in 1 turn or so past flush than I was with the red spring at the same setting. (Seemed to smooth out the powerband).

Rear shock: feels great at 11 clicks out compression and 13 rebound, I may slow the rebound a bit more. 1.5 turns out on the high speed compression. I still need to set the sag.

Front fork: I need to dial in more compression: I settled at about 11 clicks but I probably need 4 less in the big whoops, I'm about 13 on rebound.

I would say I don't think I need a Rekluse at all, I rode some pretty technical stuff and only stalled once, but I still want one. We'll see how I feel with a few more rides.

I love the gear spacing: 1st is just a tractor gear and I don't use it much at all, bottom of 6th I hit 72mph on the beach before I got scared to look down at the speedo, I'll have to see what it will do at the top of 6th on some smoother ground.

I will take some getting used to shifting more to keep the RPM's in a good range, but I love it so far!
Very Very cool bike.

Last edited:

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Very cool Stratton. Glad you are liking your decision. They are different than the 450 for sure, but so much fun. I find myself trying to go faster just to listen to the exhaust note. Nothing like a 2T singing away.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Striders build riders! Seriously they are so cool. Watching my littlest one pedaling with no training wheels at 3 was so cool and totally because of the strider.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk