What do I get for the next bike?

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I was impressed by the EXP 2.0 lots of top finishers ran it in the last race. And rekluse says the 3.0 is even better. It's only been out a month or so and they already have 70 race hours on their test bike.

Caleb

I've heard the engagement on the 3.0 is softer (when both the 2.0 and 3.0 are setup comparable). The biggest advantage to the 3.0 is longevity. Even though you can completely rebuild either of them, the 3.0 is supposed to last longer than the 2.0 (between rebuilds). I won't replace my 2.0 with a 3.0, but I won't hesitate to buy a new 3.0 when I'm in the market again.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Ive got 100 hrs on my 2.o so far without a single issue, as far as the dunes go, its been fine but I will tell you I used to be able to catch air at the top of the fingers, and now with my rekluse I cant even make it to the top of the fingers, everywhere else at the dunes I like it better with the rekluse, but it somehow doesnt like big steep dumb long sand climbs, I think its confused.

Caleb

Ive got 100 hrs on my 2.o so far without a single issue, as far as the dunes go, its been fine but I will tell you I used to be able to catch air at the top of the fingers, and now with my rekluse I cant even make it to the top of the fingers, everywhere else at the dunes I like it better with the rekluse, but it somehow doesnt like big steep dumb long sand climbs, I think its confused.

Rekluse recommends adjusting it for a higher engagement rate when riding sand or mud. That would probably make the difference.

I do think the 3.0 is a big seller, but they go back ordered on most their models every year around this time. They were 6-8 weeks out last year this time when I bought my 2.0, that's why I paid full price through RMATV as they had it in-stock.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member

This makes me happy. It doesn't look like too much of a job to adjust the engagement or to pull it out (30 minutes-ish?) for the dunes.

It's like Christmas here and not everything has shown up yet.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Some silly friend asked me, "how do you get a just get a new bike?!"

so I made an ironic "how to" movie.

Watch it if you're bored.

[video=youtube;u3psStANCk8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3psStANCk8&list=UUKdUpWfgWBw3hseoX6Ijb4Q[/video]

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Clutch went in last night
IMG_20140307_204726_565_zpszaq2xqiv.jpg

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I found the weatherpack connections at NAPA.
http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?102473-Where-to-find-Weather-Pack-connections-locally

I was having some issues adjusting the Rekluse
http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?76879-REKLUSE-AUTOMATIC-MOTORCYCLE-CLUTCHES/page8
but after I talked to Joe in tech support I got it sorted out and rode it around the neighborhood to do the break in process.

It's awesome and now I can start the bike in gear. (It's difficult but it can be done now.)

I also got all the wiring done tonight.
The battery hasn't come in yet, but everything works without the battery.
The Tusk kit was pretty generic so I had to wire a bit additionally.

spaghetti

Now to button it up and get safety and emissions done!

Last edited: